Nice day to fly

flyersfan31

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Freiburgfan31
So, the missus gave me the day off today, and said "Just go flying and have fun." Never one to miss an opportunity, I took advantage of her temporary insanity.

Flew out to Martinsburg, WV, to add another state to my tally (10 so far). Glad I tossed a snack in the flight bag, as the rumored restaurant doesn't exist, at least according to the less-than-helpful FBO staff. Nice straight-in approach in over Antietam battlefield. I flew right over Bloody Lane. Gives one pause. Saw the Tiger factory at KMRB. Nothing there but the buildings. I was surprised at how small the facilitiy was. Too bad the Taiwanese yanked funding. Maybe if they had developed another model, or developed more of an inroad in the training market....

Left KMRB to Reading, PA on an IFR flight plan to exercise some unused IFR muscles. Good thing too, given how I bungled initial headings and A/P settings. Visited the Mid Atlantic Air Museum upon arrival. Some of my favorite planes -- B25, TBM, P61 -- on display. The P61 is under restoration and, frankly, I wonder why they paid to pull anything off that Indonesian mountaintop. Looks like the whole thing is a rebuild. Not that I care, I can't wait to see a P61, rebuild or recreation, in the flesh (as it were.)

Nice little VFR jaunt home to KLOM and my 3.4hrs were all logged. To top it all off, my landing was the greaser of all greasers. So smooth, I didn't know I was down until I bumped the nose gear. Who says Sundowners don't land smoothly?! A litttle bumpy aloft today, but not enough to cause me to drop my impressive cruising speed (115ktas!) below Va. Man, is it nice to have a pilot's license!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Life is good.

Sounds like you definately had a GOOD Day, And Yes LIFE IS GOOD.
Dave G

Back