Niagra falls international (IAG)

Bravo

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bravo
Anyone have experience flying here? I have been trying to call the FBO but the phone just rings and rings. Looking to see about overnight rates for a couple nights. Also wanting to see about transportation to/from canada from the airport.

Anyone have experience flying here? I have been trying to call the FBO but the phone just rings and rings. Looking to see about overnight rates for a couple nights. Also wanting to see about transportation to/from canada from the airport.

I've been a bunch of times, but it looks like they recently got a new FBO. Have you contacted Calspan?

http://www.niagarafallsairport.com/FBO.aspx

I never had any complaints with the old FBO, but have no idea about the new one. No comments on airnav either. Good luck.

As far as transportation, there's decent cab service in town. There's also a city bus that picks up near the airport if you're more adventurous.

I've been a bunch of times, but it looks like they recently got a new FBO. Have you contacted Calspan?

http://www.niagarafallsairport.com/FBO.aspx

I never had any complaints with the old FBO, but have no idea about the new one. No comments on airnav either. Good luck.

As far as transportation, there's decent cab service in town. There's also a city bus that picks up near the airport if you're more adventurous.

Thanks! I was calling the number listed on foreflight which is different from what your link shows. I'll try that number tomorrow.

Is there any issue with flying over Canada to the west side of the class C as shown?

8zjuo6.jpg

Is there any issue with flying over Canada to the west side of the class C as shown?

8zjuo6.jpg

No issues. Helps if you are flight following. US VFR aircraft can transition Canadian airspace from US to US.

Study the local AF/D for flights around the falls. There are special procedures for touring the falls.

If you cross the border, you need to be on a IFR or VFR flight plan and in communication with ATC.

Have been into the airport several times. Study the runway diagrams. Gas is rather high. No problem overflying Canada if you are working ATC.

I am based out of there. Great line crew and WAY better than KBUF.

There are rentals at the field, national.

716-298-9307 is the desk number, they always pick up for me.

If you run into problems call me. Same area code, 698~57 87. I one of the few GA mechanics at the field and I also am a corporate pilot, so I can give you local flying pointers/info.

Why not just fly into Canada? Avoid long bridge lineups!
CYSN ( Niagara District Airport- St Catharines) no tie down fee, lots of runway and room.

I agree^^^^ I run to Toronto downtown all the time. Great little FBO and very easy to get into if you can handle a busy class C airport (its not class C, but Porter has a q400 leaving ever minute it seems).

You have to file EAPIS, call canpass to schedule your arrival and call buffalo CBP at 716-632-4727 for customs inspection at KIAG or KBUF or call the CBP at what ever international field of your choosing for your return. I am not sure but you probably can fly home and clear customs there if your plane has the legs. But please verify that guess.

Thanks for the info and advice. I will be traveling with my kids (3 and 5) and don't have passports for them yet. I noticed you need a passport for children only if flying into canada so I'll be ny bound and catch a ride over.

Is there a best time of day to fly in?

For anyone else interested the fees for a skylane are:

Landing fee: $4.19
Overnight: $7.00 (first night waived with fuel purchase)

I had to do updates on the planes databases and I think I heard ya call when I was there.

Remember birth certificates for the young ones.

Back