Next Year dates?

Jeanie

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jeanie
My husband and I have decided to make a point of coming to Gastons fly in next year... I would like to book a room early. Have the dates been set yet?
Thanks

Yep. June 11, 12, 13.

Some of us will start arriving some time around May.

Yep. June 11, 12, 13.

Some of us will start arriving some time around May.

mentally at least.

last night i dreamt that we had an 8 hour downpour there. only the citabria was above water at the end of it.

Hey, the Viking floats to, yknow. Fix that dream, Tony.
Hope you make it Jeanie. Check her loc, she is near me.
Oh, and its (newly) "Commercial Pilot Jeanie"! Congrats Jean!

well dave. from what i remember all other planes were sacrificed so that the citablueberria got the only high ground remaining. or it was just dumb luck. or something.

but then there was a guy on a motorcycle who was trying to take off on the runway which was basically a huge mud puddle. that was entertaining except that when he would start hydroplaning he was hitting crashing all over and then the throttle stuck wide open and he got thrown off so it was a runaway bike skipping across the water. gotta love dreams...

Was it two years ago that I left about an hour before the floods came? I recall pictures of a Bonanza (not one of ours) that tried to take off and got REALLY mud-soaked.

I've been to Gastons the last four years -- and there isn't a day that goes by where I don't think about it.

Looking forward to meeting you and your husband, Jeanie! Congrats on the Commercial rating. What will you be flying to 3M0?

... And here I thought this was a thread for Ed :D

Hi Ya'll,

I'll be flying a Cessna 152
icon7.gif

Thanks!

Hey Troy,

I was just in Fort Worth last week. Next time I come out that way I'll try to get in touch. I usually fly into Meacham.

J

It might be a little crowded on the flight line this time.

I just got this via the internet mail from the Red Star Pilot's Association (the Yak-52 and CJ-6 guys):

It's time for the fourth annual Great Gaston's Weekend Getaway. Because of several conflicts in the normal month of May we've moved the event with input from the previous Gaston's attendees. The dates for this year are June 9-13, 2010. There are several rooms available but there are only a couple of cottages left. I would suggest that you call ASAP to reserve your room. I was told that the 2 bedroom cottages are in good supply as are the lodges. There are also plenty of single bedrooms.

The more the merrier.

I just got this via the internet mail from the Red Star Pilot's Association (the Yak-52 and CJ-6 guys):

It's time for the fourth annual Great Gaston's Weekend Getaway. Because of several conflicts in the normal month of May we've moved the event with input from the previous Gaston's attendees. The dates for this year are June 9-13, 2010. There are several rooms available but there are only a couple of cottages left. I would suggest that you call ASAP to reserve your room. I was told that the 2 bedroom cottages are in good supply as are the lodges. There are also plenty of single bedrooms.

The more the merrier.
This should be interesting. :D And fun! :yes:

This should be interesting. :D And fun! :yes:
So how many of them furry YAK animals usually show up at their event?I was thinking of flying in, but I don't want to get run over by a stampede of YAKS.:D

Okay, Leslie/Sharon/Greg/Grant now have Cabin 61. Jason at Gaston's said that they're really filling up for our weekend. I think that there are only about 3 of the 2BRs left.

So how many of them furry YAK animals usually show up at their event?I was thinking of flying in, but I don't want to get run over by a stampede of YAKS.:D
Dean, I'll ask Terry about how many might be coming. :)

I just got off the phone with one of the organizers for Red Star and they're considering re-scheduling to avoid overloading the field (and pattern) capacity. So the plans are still preliminary right now and subject to change.

It would be fun to co-occupy the weekend at Gaston's but they usually have a large contingent and no one wants anyone to have a bad experience if it can be avoided. One of the appeals of Gaston's is its laid back atmosphere and forcing a situation with lots of traffic and parking congestion would not be conducive to a fun time, imho.

Dean, I'll ask Terry about how many might be coming. :)

I just got off the phone with one of the organizers for Red Star and they're considering re-scheduling to avoid overloading the field (and pattern) capacity. So the plans are still preliminary right now and subject to change.

It would be fun to co-occupy the weekend at Gaston's but they usually have a large contingent and no one wants anyone to have a bad experience if it can be avoided. One of the appeals of Gaston's is its laid back atmosphere and forcing a situation with lots of traffic and parking congestion would not be conducive to a fun time, imho.
I just got off the phone with Scott and Terry and they are definitely re-scheduling. They are going to get a vote from the members about what weekend to use instead.

*cough* October *cough* :D
I invited people to Gaston's in October the past two years. ;)

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23782

Some of them were based at my old airport N14, man they were annoying, totally hogged up the pattern, still was cool to see.

They moved their Gaston's Date to May 12-16. I may drop in to see how they do things. I think they'll let me in as I do have a red star on the plane.

Some of them were based at my old airport N14, man they were annoying, totally hogged up the pattern, still was cool to see.

They moved their Gaston's Date to May 12-16. I may drop in to see how they do things. I think they'll let me in as I do have a red star on the plane.
Terry called the day I flew home and told Tom they were canceling this weekend d/t weather. I wonder if they will reschedule? Do you know if they have a new date planned yet?

Yes, I got a note from the group that it has been rescheduled to July 7-11. I was going to run up on Thursday to drop in on them but I got the note on Wednesday. Looks like I'll do the same in July. Poor guys, they've already rescheduled the event 3 times.

I think that same wx system is going to put a crimp on the airshow at Columbus AFB this weekend, but the IAR is tied down on the ramp next to an F-15 so it's a happy camper right now.

Terry called the day I flew home and told Tom they were canceling this weekend d/t weather. I wonder if they will reschedule? Do you know if they have a new date planned yet?

Back