Newburyport MA Pilot starts Flyers Club shuttle service

We've got a couple outfits in Texas that do a similar membership style charter. Some plans give you unlimited flights on a regular daily shuttle for a flat fee while some make you pay a membership fee and a per-trip charge or some sort of booking fee. Agree with you though, I don't get the $180,000 buy-in.

What he is operating is a TIMESHARE agreement. The base lease and the per flight charges have to be done in accordance with that (the perflight fees are capped at the actual expenses related to that flight plus some fudge).

This allows him to stay under part 91 like a fractional ownership deal.

$180,000 plus $2,000 per month? For 500 miles? Ah no.

Sounds similar to a Wheels Up type operation, but surprisingly WU is cheaper and the aircraft are much more suited for the missions. I don't know who in their right mind would pay that kind of money to fly in a Kodiac. :no:

I wish the lad the best of luck.

Wheels Up is just a broker. They don't actually have ANY aircraft but book you on a 135 operator (currently GAMAAviation) who dry leases their aircraft from Cessna.

with that kind of investment,you have to really dislike flying the airlines or a regular part 135 charter outfit.

Well the idea of on-demand sea plane travel is kind of interesting if you have to go into places like Manhattan or the like. Even the Hamptons landing ont he water might be better than the zoo that the airport is.

Back