Newbe

tecnanaut

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Tecnanaut
I just joined this forum and I’m all set to begin my training next summer, though I’d say hi! Are there any tips or words of advice I should know before I begin? Thanks and looking forward to learning as much as I can!:)

I just joined this forum and I’m all set to begin my training next summer, though I’d say hi! Are there any tips or words of advice I should know before I begin? Thanks and looking forward to learning as much as I can!:)

1) Welcome

2) Don't forget to have fun.

I think that's about it...:smilewinkgrin:

Oh, you might want to read through some recent threads.

A lot of training stuff is available online at faa.gov if you want to get a head start.

Welcome to the best aviation board out there!

Have fun!

Fly with a couple of instructors to see who works well with you. The instructor should tailor their instruction to the student, but we're all people, so some gel better than others.

It's more efficient to handle the training in as short a period as possible, so try to fly 2 - 3 times a week if possible. It can certainly be done spread over a long period of time, but is more expensive in the long run, because more time is spent re-teaching things that have been forgotten.

Hang out on the board here and a few others (see the Links section for some good ideas.) Be sure to join AOPA to get their free flight training magazine and access to their website member's area.

This should really be in a FAQ section or something, because it's a natural question for a lot of student pilots.

First welcome!

Second tell us what part of the country you are from and some of us may be local and willing to give you a bit of mentoring.

Third there is some good advice here. Be forwarnded that some of it may conflict but thats ok a good anlysis of all opinions and info available can only help to make you a better pilot.

Thank you so much everybody! Very much appreciated!

A lot of training stuff is available online at faa.gov if you want to get a head start.

Already have read the Airplane flying handbook and the Pilot's handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge (printed them at the library and got a bunch of nasty looks:D)

I've also ordered "Stick and Rudder".

Welcome Tec. As has been said lots of good Info here,And definately don't be affraid to ask questions(there ae no dumb question,only the ones not asked). And i agree with Adam you need to fill out your profile so the locals can and will help.
Welcome again.
Dave G.:blueplane:
And check in often.

Last edited:
First welcome!

Second tell us what part of the country you are from and some of us may be local and willing to give you a bit of mentoring.

That’s a bit complicated actually. You see I live in Europe (I’m American though so that’s why I joined). I hope this won’t be a problem as far as my membership is concerned? This board looks like a real good wealth of information and apart from different regulations airplanes still fly the same right?

That’s a bit complicated actually. You see I live in Europe (I’m American though so that’s why I joined). I hope this won’t be a problem as far as my membership is concerned? This board looks like a real good wealth of information and apart from different regulations airplanes still fly the same right?
We have members in Europe and one in Israel so it is not a problem. Where in Europe are you?

mmm I guess Alon in Israel is closest. Well you'll certainly have to fill us in on the complexities of learning to fly in Malta

mmm I guess Alon in Israel is closest. Well you'll certainly have to fill us in on the complexities of learning to fly in Malta

Its pretty much the same as in mainland Europe, under the JAA. It's much more expensive than complicated.

We really don't discrimnate even though it's pilots of America (who want's to change the name to Pilots of Earth?). Just don't expect a flyin near you unless you orgnise it! And where we will have general airmanship knowlage to share with you... the rules are diffirent where you are and only a handful will be able to help you with that part.

Welcome to the nicest back porch of the aviation world.

Missa

Back