New Toy!

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
Well, not yet but i just ordered this from Sporty's.

It's an Airscanner + AM/FM radio, seems pretty cool! This way I can hear every plane that comes into KPTS, haha!!

Rudy said:
Well, not yet but i just ordered this from Sporty's.

It's an Airscanner + AM/FM radio, seems pretty cool! This way I can hear every plane that comes into KPTS, haha!!
I've been wondering about these. I passed up a great deal on Rockwell desk top av scanner a couple years ago but wonder what the range is of this model.

yea, let us know how it does. Ive been eyeing that same model for about a year now.

I will definitely let you guys know!!

I figure I will definitely be able to get Pittsburg, i will see what else i can pick up and how far away it is though.

This one is pretty neat, it has aviation interrupt if you are listening to the radio.

Hey Rudy,

I'm aviation radio geek *heh* so if you need help let me know. I can get you setup with an external antenna. PM/Email me as needed ;)

If someone doesn't want to go out and spend the money on that scanner there are many other options other than Sporty's.

...the best one is www.liveatc.net where audio feeds are provided by volunteers and you can tune in with just a computer, internet, and speakers.

Jason

Rudy said:

That does sound cool. I've toyed with getting one, I'm right at the edge of our inner class C ring, so I'd get to hear some good traffic.

Let us know how well it works.

Hey Rudy,
I've got that same one at the hangar. Its just nice to be able to put on KGO or KRHV here depending on your mood or what you're looking for. When I had it at home, I plugged in the Av band side into my VHF ham antenna on the roof. Worked just fine for me.

AirBaker said:
Hey Rudy,
I've got that same one at the hangar. Its just nice to be able to put on KGO or KRHV here depending on your mood or what you're looking for. When I had it at home, I plugged in the Av band side into my VHF ham antenna on the roof. Worked just fine for me.
Ok thanks for the info!!

Rudy said:
Ok thanks for the info!!

A cheap FM antenna works pretty well if you mount it vertically polarized except that the impedance is wrong (which isn't a big deal, you just lose a little signal or have to use a coupler).

Back