New Toy (NA)

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
I bought a couple of guitars last month and have been fixing them up to new condition. This one was a mess, lots of dings. Now it looks better than new. Just finished Aprils new Charvel... I call it "Pepto Bismol" Pink...

sm1.jpg

sm2.jpg

My Charvel is being painted now. took hours of sanding and filling in dents and scratches, primered it this morning, and monday I will paint it with a translucent red with ghost flames :) pics to come...

Oh and BTW...Im flying somewhere tomorrow. :cheerswine:

Last edited:
I only see one problem Micheal,IT"S ELECTRIC. I only do acoustic Guitars. but it does look good for a pink guitar.
Dave G.

BTW Micheal here is my Toys, from L to R.
Fender Resonator
Fender 12 String (my Favorite)
Epiphone 6 string (Pre Gibson)

Attachments

• DSC01050.JPG
    DSC01050.JPG
    319.6 KB · Views: 26
Shipoke said:
BTW Micheal here is my Toys, from L to R.
Fender Resonator
Fender 12 String (my Favorite)
Epiphone 6 string (Pre Gibson)

Wow, my grandma had the exact same couch, but she put plastic over it. Cool Guitars dave, I like the Fenders. My next purchase will be a Les Paul Custom and maybe a Gibson double neck 6/12 string.

Rock on, brother! Well, pink isn't my color. I have a Gibson SG in Devil Red (don't know the actual name, but it's a nice demonic red). Too bad I play like a 4th grader. I taught myself to play, but so did Keith Richards. Who did a better job?!!!!

flyersfan31 said:
but so did Keith Richards. Who did a better job?!!!!

But Keith only plays with 5 strings and has them tuned in a banjo tuning of open G. Did you do that too? If not that could be the reason for skill difference. :D:D

Since we are showing 'baby' picutres here are mine.

The one on the right is a Goodtime Special with a 5/8" Heavy Moon Bridge and Remo Fiberskyn Head. The middle is my pride and joy. It is a Bart Rieter Galax with 5/8" Heavy Moon Bridge a White Laydie Tone ring. It looks and sounds wonderful. The little one on the left if the newest addition. It is a 'C' Tuned GoldTone Cripple Creek mini with an 8" head and is a blast to play and travels really well.

Last edited:
We, family, had a National style "O" set up as a dobro. My folks had to sell it due to a private business bankruptcy :mad:

Quick jokes for you Scott (jokes, nothing personal meant, remember where I live):
Q. What's the difference between a large pizza and a banjo picker?
A. A large pizza can feed a family.

Q. What do you call a banjo picker in a suit?
A. Defendant

Nice guitars everyone. I wish I had some photos of my cheap pieces of crap to share with you. I've never had a really nice musical instrument....I always try and get the weird cheap stuff. They work pretty well for me.

smigaldi said:
But Keith only plays with 5 strings and has them tuned in a banjo tuning of open G. Did you do that too? If not that could be the reason for skill difference. :D:D

Damn, that's it! Why didn't I think of that! That MUST be why I suck and KR is world famous! :D

Decided to resurrect this thread as I have been modifiy one of banjos a lot lately.

I have three and the "cheapo" one is what I use to try stuff on first before it goes to my good banjo. Since buying it I have changed the tuners, changed the tailpiece, the bridge, and now the head.

I added this purple head to it. It is a Remo Weather King and it is the type most commonly used on bluegrass banjos. I liked the paint job a lot. There is a guy up in Michigan who figured out how to paint the heads like this. When I first added the sound out of the banjo stunk. SO I have been experimenting with different bridges and finally got one that gave me a really cool sound. It is back to sounding plunky and Old Time like but super loud!

Attachments

• IMG_9266.JPG
    IMG_9266.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9267.JPG
    IMG_9267.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9268.JPG
    IMG_9268.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Do banjos use Drum Heads?

If so, color me 100% surprised!

yes, banjos use drum heads.
Here's a photo for you guitar geeks to drool over. These are most of the guitars available at out studio.

Attachments

• guitars.jpg
    guitars.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 15
blegh. Fender and Gibson. Where's the meat? :D
Other than between my legs?
I assume you mean, "where are the pointy guitars?", right?
I'm too embarrassed to own one, but if one comes along at the right price, I'd buy it, but only if it were either purple polka dotted or hot pink.
BTW, there are some guitars in that picture that aren't Gibson or Fender

Other than between my legs?
I assume you mean, "where are the pointy guitars?", right?
I'm too embarrassed to own one, but if one comes along at the right price, I'd buy it, but only if it were either purple polka dotted or hot pink.
BTW, there are some guitars in that picture that aren't Gibson or Fender

I'm seeing, from headstock of Gibson Acoustic counter clockwise:
Fender Strat
Gibson
Gibson
Gibson SG (or clone)
Gibson or Ibanez
Rickenbacker (??)
Fender Strat
Fender Telecaster
Fender Strat
Fender Telecaster
Gibson
Unknown
Gibson
Unknown
Gibson
Gibson
Fender P-Bass
Fender Bass
Gibson bass
Fender Bass
Maybe Washburn Acoustic.

Some of those are guesses. How close am I? And where's the BC Riches? Mockingbird doesn't have spikes, but its a hell of a guitar!!

I'm seeing, from headstock of Gibson Acoustic counter clockwise:
Fender Strat with noiseless pickups
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG (or clone)not a clone
Gibson or Ibanez gibson Les Paul Jr I think
Rickenbacker (??)yup
Fender Strat Fender neck, different body...one of the best guitars in the studio....everyone loves that guitar.
Fender Telecaster yup 1968 ish, I think.
Fender Strat yup
Fender Telecaster nope..it's a fender jazzmaster, I think. beautiful guitar. 1966
Gibson Nope..danelectro
Unknown Danelectro 12 string
Gibson Gibson 135
Unknown Gibson another version of the junior
Gibson First Act
Gibson Nope. Aria Pro 2. It's my main ax, believe it or not
Fender P-Bass Jazz Bass
Fender Bass Jazz Bass Special..has both P- and Jazz bass pickups on it. My main bass.
Gibson bass Aria Pro 2
Fender Bass yup....P bass
Maybe Washburn Acoustic. Gibson 125

Some of those are guesses. How close am I? And where's the BC Riches? Mockingbird doesn't have spikes, but its a hell of a guitar!!

I like the BC riches. I wanted to buy one off of a guy, but he decided to keep it.

Back