New to the site and acro

Guy Zindel

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
rsrguy3
Hey people, just joined the forum. Just picked up a Cap10b and wanted to learn what I could about the Lycoming AEIO-360-B2F power plant.
What do you guys know about it?

Love the CAP-10.

How did you find it? I have not seen many for sale on the usual places

Did an acro intro flight in a CAP10 back when The French Connection team had a school. Fun airplane.

Funny story... I had been looking into a beryl partial build and talked to an awesome guy that actually has one out west here. He invited my brother and I to fly with him. The beryl is also a Piel design... similar to the emeraud (same wing...mostly). I'd decide I always wanted a Claude Piel design and had my sights on the beryl. My brother is a fly before you buy kinda guy.
Anyway....we flew the beryl, it flew exactly like I thought it would. My brother loved it, on the drive home we found this one on barnstormers in SC. We decided we would buy instead of wait to build. Almost two weeks of driving disassembly and packing we had it home....

Anyway we're in the process of reassembly now and we're doing the annual at the same time. I had to get alignment pins made to get the bolts through the spar.20230510_104127.jpg 20230510_104519.jpg 20230510_104127.jpg 20230510_104519.jpg

Hey people, just joined the forum. Just picked up a Cap10b and wanted to learn what I could about the Lycoming AEIO-360-B2F power plant.
What do you guys know about it?
I am not going to be much help, but my recollection was that when there were some engine maintenance concerns, the team would fly to Williamsport PA to have it addressed. Someone there may know the kind of stuff you are interested in, but that was almost 40 years ago.

Back