New to forum. Working on my CFI.

MaroonZ28

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
MaroonZ28
Just found this forum and wanted to say hi. There's a ton of good information on here and I'll definitely be active on this forum for questions and info. On my way to finishing up my CFI in the next couple months. This site will be very helpful.

Hello to both of you. Welcome to PoA. Tell us a little about yourself. I am a retired woman with my own C-172. Looking for a LSA. I've been flying since 1999 and enjoy the weekend $100 hamburger as well as longer flights to see family. Will be relocating soon to Oklahoma where most of the grandkids live. Hubby is a CFI and really enjoys teaching.

Hello and welcome to POA. it's a good place for pilots to share info and ask question. Hope you enjoy it here.

Welcome. I'm working on my CFI also, checkride is in a couple weeks. It's nice to see more CFI students in here.

Thanks for the welcomes. I got my private back in 2000 and instrument in 2001. Finished by commercial in 2002 but dried up all my money. On and off for the last 10 years and finally decided to get this done and work on a career I would actually enjoy. Gonna bust out my CFII right after and just get over with the teaching aspect.

Outside of flying I enjoy cars. I built a 2000 Camaro into a track car for drag racing. When I get free time, I try to get out to the track but I've been extremely busy with the training and working full time. Spare time is few and far between.

Anyways, nice to meet you guys.

Welcome. Sounds like we're about the same place. I've been doing a couple of (slow) months working on CFI, and am now taking a quick sabbatical to do my multi add-on.

Hello..

Just finished my cfi @ STL FSDO

Trying to complete my cfii this month.. :goofy:
Who'd you use? I know several, and from what I hear about their exams, they can vary quite a bit on their "pleasantness." Obviously I can't really choose, but just hope they're too busy and I can get a DPE...

I'm saving the multi for last. Figured just get the teaching aspect knocked out as fast as possible and winter will hit up here and limit the flying, might as well just work on the instructor ratings.

Welcome. Sounds like we're about the same place. I've been doing a couple of (slow) months working on CFI, and am now taking a quick sabbatical to do my multi add-on.

Who'd you use? I know several, and from what I hear about their exams, they can vary quite a bit on their "pleasantness." Obviously I can't really choose, but just hope they're too busy and I can get a DPE...

The STL FSDO assigned me FAA Inspector Dr. Heck, not sure that's how the accreditation should read, but he performed my initial.

2 days of learning / testing that I will not forget. Had a great time, considering that I was nervous and studied harder for my CFI then I ever did even while in graduate school. :loco:

I took my written for my CFII last week and hope to take the practical at the end of the month.

If my plan goes right, (which they never do :wink2:) I hope to have my MEII by Halloween. :yesnod:

Back