new thread on old problem

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
Quite some time ago I posted about very bad performance of POA (and only POA) on one particular pc I have (winxp home) using both Firefox 2.0.0.x and IE 5

I've since come back to that pc and still see the same issues. Upgraded IE to 7 and get a warning icon and "Done" or "Done, but with errors on page." or "Error" in the lower left of each page. Expanding that gets me the following error

error1.jpg

Upgraded Firefox to 3.0.0 and still get the same performance issues - every page appears to run up to maybe 75% complete according to the progress bar and then hangs. If I click cancel/refresh, then the next page appears ...

I'm thinking maybe something's in between the browser and the o/s, but I have my standard setup (other than XP home) of ZoneAlarm, Spybot and McAfee installed here ...

Last edited:
Can you try to disable Zonealarm / Spybot / McAfee and then try and see if the page loads properly. I'm not suggesting that you always leave all of it off (although often such software is overkill and caues more issue then it fixes) but this is provides us with a place to start troubleshooting by elminating the big variables.

will give that a shot ... next week ...

I know - "you REALLY don't expect a lot of help here based on that schedule, do you?" :)

Zone Alarm with Firefox on XP Home appears to be the issue - running the same ZA version on XP Pro and Win2K with Firefox doesn't behave this way.

Back