New sleep apnea guidlines , yet again

Morgan3820

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
El Conquistador
Just returned from my third class med exam. Having a BMI >30, I went in early before the new sleep apnea guidlines were supposed to kick in on 3/2. The guidelines, according to my AME, have changed again. The >30 BMI guidelines requiring a sleep study have been scrapped. Now the AME is to asked some screening questions i.e, are you often tired?, have you ever fell asleep while driving? etc. then the AME will make the determination if a sleep study is needed.

Hopefully, this will end the sillyness. Or at least curtail it.

Just returned from my third class med exam. Having a BMI >30, I went in early before the new sleep apnea guidlines were supposed to kick in on 3/2. The guidelines, according to my AME, have changed again. The >30 BMI guidelines requiring a sleep study have been scrapped. Now the AME is to asked some screening questions i.e, are you often tired?, have you ever fell asleep while driving? etc. then the AME will make the determination if a sleep study is needed.

Hopefully, this will end the sillyness. Or at least curtail it.

Yes, the proposed >30bmi standard was not adopted, instead the FAA has provided new guidelines.

>> ... have you ever fell asleep while driving?

No but have been in a car where the driver did and we were pointing directly into an oncoming bus - certainly gets your attention !!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back