New Scam? Spectrum / Target ISP service.

bluesideup

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
bluesideup
Hi everyone.
Did anyone hear about the new scam where they call and tell you that your service will get a cost increase, unless you sign up for a new discounted Service?
What they want is to pay them up front for a year of service and pay them with Target Credit card and or Gift cards?

Thanks for the warning. IF anyone ever calls me and I don't recognize the caller ID. I don't pay attention. If its a real deal, it will be on the ISP service web site.

Thanks for the warning.
Hi.
You are welcome.
I found some more details about it.
They call and have a lot of your information, then they give you a nr. to call 888 651 0966 and send some money to your account, a month's worth, validated with an Email from the ISP provider, for the amount. Apparently they send an electronic payment / sum that will eventually disappear, or come back invalid after a few hours.
What is of concern is that they seem to have a lot of your personal information already.
The problem with some of these companies is that the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing and you cannot believe in anything they are telling you, and that already sets people up / preps them, to accept the scam.
Be very alert.

Back