New REG, Thanks a lot TSA.

Dave Krall CFII

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES, Cmcl HELI
FORWARDED to me yesterday by another pilot concerned about over regulation:

By now I suppose everybody has received that circular about the "one airplane - one owner" rule that will go into effect in January of next year. For those unfamiliar with this new piece of legislation, it's part of the homeland security act and mandates that each aircraft have only one sole owner, essentially spelling out the end of flying clubs, partnerships, etc.

Here in Tonasket (W01) we briefly considered registering our club airplane in Canada where the rule won't apply, but now we've come up with a better solution, based loosely on those popular TV reality shows: we are going to meet once a week and take turns performing aerobatic stunts over downtown Tonasket, and each week the person who flies the worst routine gets voted off the club. Pretty soon there will be one lucky guy left over who has proven himself worthy of becoming the new sole owner of the airplane.

It should be quite a spectacle due to our total lack of aerobatic experience, plus most of us are low time pilots and/or student pilots. But hey, I'm willing to try my hand at barrel rolls, hammerheads, and loops if the prize is my very own airplane! There is a placard in the airplane that says "Not approved for spins", so we shouldn't have any problems with those other maneuvers. I have begun practicing some of them on my computer with FlightSimulator because it's as real as it gets, so personally I am quite confident that I'll do well.

Still, I would appreciate hearing from other clubs and partnerships that are faced with the same problem. What do you think of our idea, and how are you dealing with this dilemma yourselves? Also, those of you who are the sole owners of your airplanes, can you give the rest of us some pointers that might ease the transition?

April 1, 2006

Thanks in advance! ;-)

Last edited:
Hah hah hah. Too bad thats an April Fools Joke. That would have been a reality show I would have been interested in seeing.

Dave Krall CFII said:
FORWARDED to me yesterday by another pilot concerned about over regulation:

By now I suppose everybody has received that circular about the "one airplane - one owner" rule that will go into effect in January of next year.
Thanks in advance! ;-)

That is scarey. I forwarded it to a couple friends .. one at the FAA and
one at the TSA. They were very concerned about what they said was
false, malicious info being spread.

RogerT said:
They were very concerned about what they said was
false, malicious info being spread.

That's just sad.

As Foghorn Leghorn once said "It a joke son, I say, it's just a joke. Lighten up a bit before you give yourself a heart attack."

Back