"New Posts" option at bottom

zebra

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Stephanie
Not to come here and complain, but could you guys put the "New Posts" option at the end (bottom) of a page also? The purple board has that and it is very convenient and saves a mouse click or scolling back to the top.

Or am I missing something? That's been known to happen... :confused:

You are missing a lot. POA has always had a "New Posts" button at the bottom of every page. ( look on the second blue bar after the last post right in the center) The purple board does not have that button ( I just checked) and the Red board does not have it to the best of my knowledge either

You are missing a lot. POA has always had a "New Posts" button at the bottom of every page. ( look on the second blue bar after the last post right in the center) The purple board does not have that button ( I just checked) and the Red board does not have it to the best of my knowledge either

The purple board has it, but it's WAY at the bottom. I like where ours is much better. I asked them to replicate ours and they declined. You have to scroll all the way down to get to theirs. Ours is right there after you're done reading the last post in the thread.

EDIT: I posted a screen shot to point out where it sits (in case somebody missed it)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-07-26 at 8.24.40 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-07-26 at 8.24.40 PM.png
    193.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
The purple board has it, but it's WAY at the bottom. I like where ours is much better. I asked them to replicate ours and they declined. You have to scroll all the way down to get to theirs. Ours is right there after you're done reading the last post in the thread.

I stand corrected they do have it but they have hidden it way way down.

Thanks! I see it now!

Isn't it funny how something can be right there, and you miss it?

By the way - Welcome to PoA!

EDIT: I posted a screen shot to point out where it sits (in case somebody missed it)
I was always disappointed the purple did not have it. I was looking where PoA has it, but wow!! After your post I see that Purple does have it hidden at the bottom. I had missed that completely.

I was always disappointed the purple did not have it. I was looking where PoA has it, but wow!! After your post I see that Purple does have it hidden at the bottom. I had missed that completely.

Yeah, I don't like it where they have it. You still have to scroll to get to it. What's the difference between scrolling up or clear down there?

Oh well...their board...their layout. :D

Wow, I had to log in to see what y'all were talking about (I log in there about once every year it seems).

That is a really dumb place for the link. I didn't know anyone actually used that menu bar.

I don't understand the logic of using the "New Posts" button at the bottom? I hit "New Posts" when I first come on the site, read the first thread, hit "back" or "previous page" (backspace), scroll down to the next thread... lather, rinse, repeat until all new posts are read. Depending on how long that takes, maybe hit "New Posts" once more to see what was posted as I was reading. But, I'm already at the top of the page when I need it ...

tell me how you read the board?

tell me how you read the board?
I hit new posts. I have my reading option set up so that SZ is ignored so I only get the posts in the other groups.

I scroll through that list, find a thread I want to read and read it.

My reading options are set so that the thread is displayed with older posts at the top and then sequentially displayed such that the newest is at the bottom. If I reply I do so. In either case I hit the new posts at the bottom center of the page and start again.

By hitting new posts instead of back the thread I just read is removed from the list unless something new was posted.

When I finish all of that I then manually go to the SZ and read those posts. But instead of hitting new posts, I select the SZ link and get any new responses in that group.

I mostly look at subscribed threads in the User CP first (which happens to be all the threads I've posted in). After that if I have the time left I'll click new posts and read a few interesting threads.

Back