New PIREP app and website...

LDJones

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Jonesy
I just downloaded PIREP Pro on my iPad Air and have poked around the accompanying website (www.pireppro.com) I think the combination has potential....sort of a one-stop-shop for current PIREPS as well as a way to quickly add them. I'm not sure how practical it will be to update them in-flight, but time will tell.

Oh, and the price is right: Free

(Disclaimer: No relationship to the app or the developer...just like keeping tabs on new technologies.)

I just downloaded PIREP Pro on my iPad Air and have poked around the accompanying website (www.pireppro.com) I think the combination has potential....sort of a one-stop-shop for current PIREPS as well as a way to quickly add them. I'm not sure how practical it will be to update them in-flight, but time will tell.

Oh, and the price is right: Free

(Disclaimer: No relationship to the app or the developer...just like keeping tabs on new technologies.)

Seems like a great idea. I was involved with PIREP dissemination at the center. If this feeds into the PIREP database directly it could be a great tool for pilots and controllers alike.

Seems like a great idea. I was involved with PIREP dissemination at the center. If this feeds into the PIREP database directly it could be a great tool for pilots and controllers alike.

I sent a couple of minor suggestions to the developer and he quickly responded. I also asked him whether it feeds into the database. He pulls from their database, but has not yet established a relationship to get data to them. That would obviously be a very important feature for the ultimate value of this to be realized. He plans to approach NOAA about the possibility of sending reports to them once he has some traction with the app. He's at about 500 downloads at the moment (but I suspect downloads versus real "users" is probably a wide delta), but hopefully he'll be successful in that regard.

The more of us that start to make use of it the better his chances of linking will be.

Just downloaded. TT= 250/PIREP's= 0. Very few times that I really needed to give one but may try now. A tie to Foreflight would be nice.

Cool idea. I assume the pireps you file on the app are not made public outside of the app. Would be nice if a lot of pilots used it.

Back