New Piper Jet

hmmm i hope it holds a lot of gas, cause no way you are getting 6 of me and my friends in there with full fuel. especially if we pack a bag.

it does look cool though

It is a neat looking little jet, I'll say that much. But I'm about as close to owning one of those as I am to owning my own 747. I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but I couldn't be less interested in VLJ's. Frankly, my airplane dreams are of 2-seaters and grass strips.

Hmm. Well, from the showroom floor, the buzz was a little more skeptical. That mockup went from drawings on a cocktail napkin to mockup in 12 weeks. They couldn't even say how much thrust the engine would need, yet they had the price nailed at 2.199 million. Funky.

And personally I think it's ugly. But with a single there aren't many options for engine location. An internal engine a la Diamondjet creates some ice accretion issues on the intakes and eats up a lot of fuselage space. With the Piper design, there will be significant downward pitching moments when power is applied, which opens a different can of worms.

Maybe if I haggle with the dealer or catch him at the end of the month he'd sell me one for an even $2,000,000.

Of course, when I was buying my truck the salesman was holding firm on his asking price. Exasperated with me, he took a look at my wife, then looked at me. "I'm done messing with you, but if your wife wants to...I'll dicker."

Man that Piper jet is ugly. Looks like a shrunken DC-10.

Cool site on the Pergine.

Back