New Orleans hangar situation...?

Goofy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Goofy
Is anyone here familiar with the availability, or lack thereof, hangar space near NO for a small experimental? I'm guessing the waterfront airport is full but could go to Slidell or St. John. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

I have a hangar at Lakefront. There's not many out there so they are sometimes hard to find one for rent. Slidell has nice hangars and usually have openings. Not much space available at Mandeville from what I've seen.

Thank you Evil. How long does it take to drive from your field to Slidell?

Thank you Evil. How long does it take to drive from your field to Slidell?

LOL, I did the drive both ways a couple of weeks ago, one way was 40 minutes, the other way was 2hrs... Traffic can really suck.:rofl:

What Henning said. The Slidell airport is on the north side of the little town, so you could add on 20 mins right there if there's traffic. I'd plan on an hour, that's what I plan on for driving up to skydive.

You can also rent space in one of the community hangars. I used Hawthorne for my first year in Nola till I found a T hangar.

Is anyone here familiar with the availability, or lack thereof, hangar space near NO for a small experimental? I'm guessing the waterfront airport is full but could go to Slidell or St. John. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Did you move?

Back