New member saying hello

medic15al

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
medic15al
Hi!

I was a student pilot in while working PT at my local FBO 1999-2000, developed heart and later diabetic problems causing me to lose my medical. I have about 22 hrs in a Cess 172 and still have an burning love for general aviation. Just found the forum here and dabble in simulators. Mind if I hang around?

Welcome to the POA. Talk to Dr. Bruce about your medical issues. :yes:

Hi!

I was a student pilot in while working PT at my local FBO 1999-2000, developed heart and later diabetic problems causing me to lose my medical. I have about 22 hrs in a Cess 172 and still have an burning love for general aviation.
Welcome. I'm recently new here myself. There's a lot of good information and access to experienced people here.
Just found the forum here and dabble in simulators. Mind if I hang around?
Sounds interesting, do you work on commercial simulators/FTDs?

Welcome - I am new here myself.

Welcome. I'm recently new here myself. There's a lot of good information and access to experienced people here.

Sounds interesting, do you work on commercial simulators/FTDs?

No sir, just the Sierra Pro Pilot and just ordered the FSX and X plane 10 programs from Sporty's. Gradually building up the yokes, throttle quadrants, rudders, and instrument panel as I go.

Will you be getting back into it?

No sir, I have been diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure and am a insulin-dependent diabetic so no medical for me. Other than winded easily still in decent shape.

Only hands on I can do is an occasional "Intro Flight" with an instructor who is free at the time. Better than nothing.

Oh man sorry but glad you are still looking to read about it and still flying!! If I ever get a license I'd be happy to take you up when you are in nj

Welcome. Sorry about the loss of your medical. Ever thought about powered gliders or just gliders?

Hi!

I was a student pilot in while working PT at my local FBO 1999-2000, developed heart and later diabetic problems causing me to lose my medical. I have about 22 hrs in a Cess 172 and still have an burning love for general aviation. Just found the forum here and dabble in simulators. Mind if I hang around?

Only if you buy beer for us. ;)

:D

No sir, I have been diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure and am a insulin-dependent diabetic so no medical for me. Other than winded easily still in decent shape.

Only hands on I can do is an occasional "Intro Flight" with an instructor who is free at the time. Better than nothing.

Did you lose your medical or not renew it? Sport pilot may still be an option. :dunno:

Welcome. Spend some time chatting up the locals around the airport and you don't need a license!

No sir, just the Sierra Pro Pilot and just ordered the FSX and X plane 10 programs from Sporty's. Gradually building up the yokes, throttle quadrants, rudders, and instrument panel as I go.
You should check out DCS, if you're buying all the peripherals.

Welcome. Sorry about the loss of your medical. Ever thought about powered gliders or just gliders?

Never thought of it, Was told with those conditions that it will be an denial on renewal. Mainly interested in powered flight so I thought a PL and medical was required.

Oh man sorry but glad you are still looking to read about it and still flying!! If I ever get a license I'd be happy to take you up when you are in nj

Man I do appreciate it!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Welcome, Medic. Pell City is not that terribly far from Atlanta. I'll meander over there one of these days and we'll go burn some avgas. - Russ

Not renew on the premise of denial as told by doc.

Were you ever denied your medical by the FAA?

Reason I ask, is if you have not been denied I believe you can do the sport pilot route as long as you have a drivers license.

Also there are powered gliders as well. I read about one that is fast!

Good luck and welcome!

Were you ever denied your medical by the FAA?

Reason I ask, is if you have not been denied I believe you can do the sport pilot route as long as you have a drivers license.

Also there are powered gliders as well. I read about one that is fast!

Good luck and welcome!

No sir wasn't denied, just never went forward with it. What are the sport pilot parameters?

No sir wasn't denied, just never went forward with it. What are the sport pilot parameters?

Your driver's license serves as your medical. You are supposed to disqualify yourself under certain circumstances but I am not qualified to speak to that. I also fly light sport aircraft and there are some nice ones out there. Personally, I liked the CTLS a lot. The Luscombe I fly also qualifies as Light Sport.

Back