New here to POA, and new to flying!

Skyscraper

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Skyscraper
Hey all, just signed up for this forum so wanted to introduce myself and get started!

I'm a 26 year old student studying for my PPL. I received solo endorsement from my CFI in a Cessna 150 after 8.5 hours of in-flight training. I fly out of KSTS in Sonoma County, Ca. Looking forward to my CFI returning to Cali in June and finishing off my requirements! Can't wait to shed my leash and really go have some fun!

Cheers everyone :goofy:

Welcome aboard- you'll find a lot of good support here, along with a few smart-alecks. Keeps it interesting. ;-)

Keep us posted on your progress!

I only have one more post than you but have already gotten some great feedback from people here. Welcome!

I'm 26 as well going for the ppl only 4 hours so far. So your CFI is gone for the next few months isn't that going to hold up your training? Why not a new CFI?

I'm 26 as well going for the ppl only 4 hours so far. So your CFI is gone for the next few months isn't that going to hold up your training? Why not a new CFI?

Well, yes. and no. I still have lots of flying I can do plus the written exam. I have two family members that have their PPL already so they are there for some informal training, which still does help. Though I was considering hiring another CFI seeing as I have less than 20 hours to go. We'll see how impatient I become...

Welcome aboard. 80% of the information you will get here is really great. :thumbsup: 10% is absolutely essential to your survival. :yes: 5% is totally useless. :dunno: 5% is completely hilarious. :goofy: Enjoy!!!! :wink2:

Welcome! You are flying in one of the most gorgeous areas in the country!

Thanks! and YES! I have always lived in Norcal wine country, about 10 minutes flight from the Pacific. Flying over my county at 2000 ft is mind blowing! Anybody who lives within reach of my area I highly recommend coming through here. We have some fun airports as well! Never thought I would get so addicted to altitude so fast!

Thanks! and YES! I have always lived in Norcal wine country, about 10 minutes flight from the Pacific. Flying over my county at 2000 ft is mind blowing! Anybody who lives within reach of my area I highly recommend coming through here. We have some fun airports as well! Never thought I would get so addicted to altitude so fast!

I spend more time on the ground drinking wine there than I do flying over it nowadays but all of norcal is gorgeous! I fly out of OAK now so maybe I will see you around one of these days.

Back