New GA tv program

poadeleted3

Pattern Altitude
Courtesy of AOPA's member home page:

"
[font=HELVETICA,ARIAL]New GA TV program set to air[/font]

A new TV program, Wings to Adventure, offered in standard and high-definition for people who love all forms of general aviation, is set to debut on Sunday, July 3, on The Outdoor Channel. The 30-minute program kicks off with a trip to Bourland Field Estates near Fort Worth, Texas, for a look at living among airplanes. It also will feature a Stearman and Globe Swift, check out the WxWorx satellite weather service, and visit a small Texas town that values barbecues and rodeos, of course. The program will air in three time slots: Sundays at 2:30 p.m.; Mondays, 4:30 p.m.; and Thursdays, 1:30 a.m. All times are Eastern. Check local listings."

Is the Outdoor Channel, OLN? If not what is it? We've got Comcast Digital Cable and I still don't know all the darn channels.

Anthony said:
Is the Outdoor Channel, OLN? If not what is it? We've got Comcast Digital Cable and I still don't know all the darn channels.

I believe the outdoor channel is a seperate channel. I hope not, since I get OLN, but I guess we'll find out this weekend.

OLN = Outdoor Life Network. The Outdoor channel is different. They do, however, share shows tho - so it may be possible that it will be on both, but no guarantees.

Yea Joe, it's the Outdoor Channel. Tom Gresham was doing Gun Talk on the radio and worked out a TV deal. The first episode is here in the Dallas area. Scott Purdue has the steerman (it was his Dad's) and a V tail Bonanza. Lots of neat planes and neat people. We saw a tape of it at our flying club last month (Scott was my guest). Bunch of folks there from the Bonanza web site as Tom has had several Bos.

Best,

Dave
Baron 322KS

Anthony said:

It's on OUT, Channel 606 on DirecTV. I didn't even have the channel as a favorite. OLN is another channel on DTV, Channel 608. I didn't realize there were 2.

http://www.outdoorchannel.com/showInfo/index.cfm?PageName=ShowDesc&ShowID=524&ShowType=Variety

I was able to find the show as I set up a Season Pass on the ol' DirecTiVo. Thanks, Joe.

Back