New Favorite iDevice Music App: Songza

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
I have a good collection of music in my iTunes library, but it's wearing thing since I've listened to the same play lists again and again. I need to find something fresh.

Songza appeared in my Genius list for music apps and I checked it out.

It's a good streaming music player that has a large number of pre-built playlists of all sorts of genre's organized by mood or activity.

Right now, at work, I'm listening to some nice classical music for studying. A nice mix of composers, tempo, instruments, and more. The jazz mixes are also nice. I hope to explore more.

Free in the iTunes store, does have ads displaying on the screen, but who's really watching that when you're listening to background music?

Check it out!

I have been using Spotify recently, but have used Slacker and Pandora in the past. Slacker is good, because it will build a "station" around a song or an artist and pick similar stuff. Pandora will do that too. Spotify doesn't seem to do that, but it does have some good prebuilt stations. If you subscribe to Spotify (not free), you can download songs and listen to them while on a plane, etc.

If you have other than an IOS device, or a jailbroken IOS device, you can get the Grooveshark app. Otherwise, they do have an HTML5 compliant mobile web version that works great on an Iphone.

Grooveshark lets you search for and play specific songs. The full version (app) will let you create playlists for those songs you choose.

The nice bit about Songza is that I don't have to do any of this searching. I just choose the mood/activity, genre of music, and push play.

Back