New England/ New York fly in lunch?

I would do 44n. Maybe owd or something up that way if the date worked for visiting family.

I would do 44n. Maybe owd or something up that way if the date worked for visiting family.
BAF is pretty close to OWD if it ends up being there as well

My order...

KBAF-Westfield, MA
KLKP- Lake Placid, NY
44N- Sky Acres, NY
KBID- Block Island, RI

I've been to 44N and KBID, but haven't been to the other two.

Anyone know if the restaurant has opened back up at Parlin (2B3)?
Basin Harbor (B06) has a fancy restaurant there. Never been.
Fiddlehead brewery is right next to VT8... bring some growlers...
KEEN has a mexican restaurant within walking distance. Haven't been.
7B3 has a good restaurant, but I'm based there... so lets go somewhere else. lol

I was at Parlin about a month ago and the restaurant looked very very closed. The breakfast place at Keene was OK. Nothing to write home about.

7B3 has a good restaurant, but I'm based there... so lets go somewhere else. lol

KEEN has a new restaurant on the field just opened in the last month or two.

When I was there last summer the locals basically told me they do not expect it ever to open again.

I've tried the restaurant at Basin Harbor (again, last summer), it was quite good and not too expensive. If the meetup was there I could drive to it.

Just thought of something last night... BID may have to come off the table. Their restaurant, while very good, is also very small. They wouldn't be able to accommodate a group. Not sure if there are any other restaurants in walking distance, but not eating there would also mean we'd have to pay the landing fee.

Regarding Keene - yep, there's a brand new restaurant on the field with outside seating so you can watch the planes come in/out. Haven't eaten there yet. Looks nice.

ETA: Here's a link to KEEN's new restaurant... https://www.facebook.com/theflightdecknh/

Last edited:
The Keene place looks good. They take reservations too in case we get a good sized group. Amazing to see an airport restaurant open past 2pm.

The Keene place looks good. They take reservations too in case we get a good sized group. Amazing to see an airport restaurant open past 2pm.

That place in EEN does look good. I will definitely have to check that out.

So I called BID today and it looks like it would be tough to guarantee a table there during August- that is still their busy season.
They did say we wouldn't have a problem after labor day so maybe we can do it during the fall/winter there.

As for this one it seems like KBAF is the winner!

So we will plan on going there....looking forward to meeting everyone!

Let try to get a list together of everyone going just so I know how many to tell the place to expect and we can track the your planes in.

Name..........POA Name...........N Number.......TYPE............Origin
Neil ...........Neilw2................N97993..........C182............KBVY

Ok, so, Sunday, August 28th @ KBAF. What time?

Neil ...............Neilw2...............N97993.........C182.............KBVY
Desiree.........Cajun_Flyer.............TBD...........PA28.............KBED

Jordan. Jordane93. TBD. 172, PA-28 or SR-20 (whatever I can get a hold of at my school), FRG

Ok, so, Sunday, August 28th @ KBAF. What time?

Noon work?

That day does not work great for me- bummer. BAF is fantastic and so is BID-- I also heard the landing fee at BID is waived if you eat there. I plan on flying there today so I can report back on the truth of that. I love 44n too. Never flew to lake placid but that's too far and mostly expensive for me.

Great idea organizing this! Hopefully I'll make the next one.

Eric. Orange. Tail-TBD. PA28. FRG

I'm 95% sure I can make it but can't fully commit yet.

Nice, good to see this will actually happen!

Hopefully we can recruit some more...

To satisfy my OCD reorganized the list below.

Desiree.........Cajun_Flyer.............TBD...........PA28.............KBED[/QUOTE]
Jordan......... Jordane93. ............TBD........ 172, PA-28 or SR-20 (whatever I can get a hold of at my school), FRG
??.................Ungawunga............????.............C172.............7B3
Eric.............. Orange.................TBD........... PA28............ FRG

What is the final date?
50% chance
N1287C cirrus

Jordan......... Jordane93. ............TBD........ 172, PA-28 or SR-20 (whatever I can get a hold of at my school), FRG
Eric.............. Orange.................TBD........... PA28............ FRG
Jesse............PilotRPI.................7568X.........C172B.............1B9

Might be able to make it. Anyone else from DC going?

I'm VFR only and I'm traveling almost 100 miles from the south, so if the weather is less than full VFR along the whole route, so I'm not going to chance getting socked in in CT or MA.

What is everybody's plan on weather? Do we have an alternate place/date?

I would think we are only going to have it if it is good VFR so everyone can get in.

If that happens we can figure out another date early Sept (maybe the next weekend). Hopefully we wont have to worry about that!

I should be able to make it

John CMongoose 30V C177RG 7B2

Ok, I'm in!! Added Ron and John to the list. If anyone else from the DC area( @GeorgeC ) wants to fly along side, shoot me a pm. I have a friend joining and possibly another POAer so I'm full but it would be fun to meet up and fly up together.

Name
..........POA Name...........N Number.......TYPE............Origin
Desiree.........Cajun_Flyer.............TBD...........PA28..............KBED
Eric.............. Orange.................TBD........... PA28............ .FRG
Jesse............PilotRPI.................7568X.........C172B............1B9
Ron..............Frfly172.................591.........liberty xl2..........KOWD
John...........CMongoose...............30V...........C177RG............7B2
Marks............Marks..................N19630.........C172.............KFDK

Awesome! Seems like we got a good group of people coming.

I'll give the resteraunt a call this week and have them set us up.

Anyone else interested sign up! Should be a fun time meeting everyone and talking about flying and everyone from POA not there....:p

My club plane is booked that day. Crud :(

dont know have not been there since i moved south some 17 years ago . i did chat with the people at sky geek when i was ordering a part.i got that impression .hope not, she was a lot of fun.

I still plan on going. There's a chance I won't fly that day, but I only live about 30 min away from BAF, so I can always just drive.

I still plan on going. There's a chance I won't fly that day, but I only live about 30 min away from BAF, so I can always just drive.

Well if anybody needs a ride I'll be leaving out of BVY and don't mind picking somebody up on the way. I have 3 seats open so if this gets more POAers to come consider me your air Uber

yous guys have fun and fly safe most of my life was spent flying to airports on your list some good times .anything at kgon anymore?

yous guys have fun and fly safe most of my life was spent flying to airports on your list some good times .anything at kgon anymore?

I went to KGON in May after hearing great things about it... was OK, I guess, but nothing special in my book. The only people I talked to were two old guys in the restaurant who were confused why I didn't have a male pilot with me. Kinda crapped on the experience. I've had much better experiences at places like KBID, 1B2, KCQX, KSFM and KASH.

Last edited:
trying to keep it out of places with landing fees, hopefully.

Back