New Citation Columbus Announced

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
Though Cessna recently announced they were going to move ahead with their "Long Range Concept" jet, they have officially named the aircraft the Citation Columbus with lots of pretty pictures and cool information that can be found here: http://columbus.cessna.com/index.html.

There was a witty rumor going around amongst the pilots at the company my dad flies for (88% Cessna/Textron owned) regarding the name "Columbus" which many associated with NetJets, whose HQ is located in Columbus, OH. :redface:

To me, the jet looks like a Citation X / Swearengen SJ30-2 hybrid; it could almost pass for a really big X. At a glance, I think this will be in direct competition with the Challenger 300 and 605. This should be a fun airplane to keep tabs on. :)

Last edited:
It looks kind of like a X with bigger wings and a pointier nose, I think.

Hmmm. I wondered why Cessna so quickly jetisoned the Columbia name by calling their planes the Cessna 350 & 400. I thought the Cessna Columbia 400 sounded better.

I guess the name Columbia might be confused with Columbus - at least to Big Marketing.

It looks kind of like a X with bigger wings and a pointier nose, I think.
It gives the impression it might be competitive with a Global Express but I don't see any dimensions other than the interior. But then, it has only a 4,000 mile range.

Back