new auntie this morning

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
a little early... my sister-in-law is due early April, but Wednesday night my brother called to say she had preeclampsia. She's finishing 31 weeks. Last night he called to say they were doing a C-section this morning. Presumably it's happening right now, they were going to try for 8 AM so I expect a call anytime.

Her name will be Madison Elizabeth!

Congrats, Beth!

I learned the other night that my brother's wife's oldest girl is going to have her second child....

woodstock said:
a little early... my sister-in-law is due early April, but Wednesday night my brother called to say she had preeclampsia. She's finishing 31 weeks. Last night he called to say they were doing a C-section this morning. Presumably it's happening right now, they were going to try for 8 AM so I expect a call anytime.

Her name will be Madison Elizabeth!

Nice, I hope all goes well.

brother's wife's oldest girl... does this make you a great-uncle?

I'm old enough to have kids in college and my brother is the one carrying on with the Anderson genes, not me. how's that work?

Well Congarts Elizabeth and send my best wishes to the little one and family
Dave G
P.S. if you would have said something at LNS i would have bought her something from the pilot shop

Congrats Beth! My nieces are one if the true joys in my life; hope you are able to say the same! My Granddaughter is another real bright spot. Hope you get to spend lots of time with her and show her how great Aunts can be!!

Best,

Dave

Dave Siciliano said:
Congrats Beth! My nieces are one if the true joys in my life; hope you are able to say the same! My Granddaughter is another real bright spot. Hope you get to spend lots of time with her and show her how great Aunts can be!!

Best,

Dave

it's becoming increasingly clear that my role in the family is going to be that of "cool aunt". :blowingkisses:

I can't get over how tiny she is. 2.5 pounds!

woodstock said:
it's becoming increasingly clear that my role in the family is going to be that of "cool aunt". :blowingkisses:

Congrats on the new addition to your extended family

Cool aunt is a very nice role, I am the cool uncle to my 3 nieces. At one of their graduation parties her girlfriends met me and said "oh! your the cool uncle with the plane and who scuba dives" That was a real ego boost :yes:

Last edited:
woodstock said:
brother's wife's oldest girl... does this make you a great-uncle?

I'm old enough to have kids in college and my brother is the one carrying on with the Anderson genes, not me. how's that work?

Great uncle? I suppose. Her girls were from her first marriage (my brother married her when the kids were 2 or 3 years old....).

I'm the nice uncle.... no kids of my own.

woodstock said:

I was "cool uncle" for several years, caused me a heap o' trouble.:rolleyes:

2.5 lbs? Gotta feed that one up.

Back