New ASOS being installed this weekend.

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Thanks to the donation by Scott Migaldi, dad will be headed up to 6Y9 and install the ASOS that Scott sent to us a couple weeks back. Unfortunately it will be offline until next spring when we reopen the field. Supposed to be snow covered next week.

You're all welcome!

Ed did you get a picture of the equipment or will your dad get one once he installs it?

BTW the real thanks goes to the Frederick family for bringing 6Y9 back from the dead. It is such a great place and the folks in the town are wonderful as well.

You're all welcome!

Ed did you get a picture of the equipment or will your dad get one once he installs it?

BTW the real thanks goes to the Frederick family for bringing 6Y9 back from the dead. It is such a great place and the folks in the town are wonderful as well.

I saw him with the digital camera when he left, so I am going to guess he will be taking pictures.

I saw him with the digital camera when he left, so I am going to guess he will be taking pictures.

Exceeellllent!

The-Simpsons-Mr-Burns-Excel.jpg

6Y9 is shaping up to be a really good field because of the Fredricks and all the other people who are lending what they have.

Now the real question is, what feild near Scott is missing it's ASOS?

I'd like to get on the list for a spare ASOS for M11...

6Y9 is shaping up to be a really good field because of the Fredricks and all the other people who are lending what they have.

Now the real question is, what feild near Scott is missing it's ASOS?

LOL, I was thinking the exact same thing!
It is brand new and was not very expensive at all. It is the basic type though. You'll see what I mean when Ed posts the pics.

It is brand new and was not very expensive at all. It is the basic type though. You'll see what I mean when Ed posts the pics.

It's the basic type because the cops came before you could grab the fancy bits, right....right? :rofl:

Ed congrats!
It is great to hear the progress happening, if fact I was speaking with a guest here from MI about your airport and he became really interested, so I passed him along to your website.
Keep up the great work!

Always good to have a reliable way to get the current weather information! Great to hear :)

Is it one of those fancy ones that lets you access the weather remotely via the phone?

Is it one of those fancy ones that lets you access the weather remotely via the phone?
If there is wireless coverage and someone near the ASOS I am sure that you can get them to access the WX info. But the station itself is without the ability to hook up a phone to it.

As I have mentioned in an earlier post it is a basic model. One could almost say that there is a two dimensional aspect to the ASOS.

If there is wireless coverage and someone near the ASOS I am sure that you can get them to access the WX info. But the station itself is without the ability to hook up a phone to it.

As I have mentioned in an earlier post it is a basic model. One could almost say that there is a two dimensional aspect to the ASOS.

Darn it Scott is it a Weather Rock ASOS?

If the Rock is wet it's raining...
If the Rock is moving it's windy....

Missa

I think I know the model you're talking about. The advantage of it is its high accuracy, but having someone to monitor it and forward information if you're accessing it remotely is de rigeur.

On a somewhat related note....

I was driving on the highway in Ohio yesterday & I saw the owner of "ANYAWOS" He had it on his BWW's plate & The plate was from MI so I am sure it must have been him.
I gave him a thumbs up as I passed him:)

Back