New A&P/IA Renewal Rules

Stache

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Stache
FAA is amending the regulations for the Inspection Authorization (IA) renewal period. The current IA regulation has a one-year renewal period. This rulemaking changes the renewal period to once every two years. “This will reduce the burden on both FAA and on the mechanic holding the IA,” says ASI Kim Barnette (AFS-350). The amendment to § 65.92(a) changes the expiration date of an inspection authorization from March 31 of each year to March 31 of each odd-numbered year. Barnette says the rulemaking is in response to concerns regarding the administrative burden associated with the renewal of inspection authorizations under § 65.93. The final rule is posted with an effective date of March 1, 2007, the same date that comments close. Barnette advises that if significant negative comments are received, the rule may have to be withdrawn. In the meantime, Barnette is developing implementation guidance that will be available prior to March 1.

Stache

Groovy ! My buddy just got his IA, this will be music to his ears. I haven't headed down the A&P yet, but eventually I will. I think it's the only way that I'll be able to own a plane.

On my web site http//www.stacheair.com I have a news flash about the IA change and a hyper link to the federal documents.

Stache

Back