need web form software

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
I need to design forms for the web. Once upon a time, there were tools (point, click, drag) that I could design the forms, and the back-end HTML was generated for me, so I only needed to write the operational code (talk to the database, etc)

Anyone got suggestions?

I guess I'm a little confused. If you're going to be writing the back-end code to interface to the database - writing the web form should be incredibly simple. There isn't much to a HTML form.

I need to design forms for the web. Once upon a time, there were tools (point, click, drag) that I could design the forms, and the back-end HTML was generated for me, so I only needed to write the operational code (talk to the database, etc)

Anyone got suggestions?

HTML form.... javascript SUBMIT()

If I understand what you're asking for you can do it with NetBeans IDE (www.netbeans.org), it also has good support for php, java, javascript.

And it's free. I'm pretty sure Eclipse does all that too.

Joe

Yes, I know about Eclipse and NetBeans (have both installed) but they may be far too cumbersome for what I need. I want to drag & drop all the elements (e.g. boxes, radio buttons, images, SELECT-OPTIONs, etc) without having to write the HTML code by hand (and no, please don't suggest anything from Microsoft - talk about generated bloated code!). The forms are currently being done by hand, and adding new elements is a real pain when doing layout by hand. And the forms are rather complicated, and each version requires new elements (thank you, TSA...)

I'm just looking for something easier on my mental health.

I'm more familiar with Eclipse but at the programmatic level, not the user interface side. (what can I say? I'm a command-line, back-end geek).

Guess tomorrow will be updating my copy of Eclipse and playing with it.

Last edited:
How many forms do you need? I'm pretty slow these days...

Also, have you considered NVU? I haven't used it in a while, but I'm almost certain it makes Web forms.

I personally use Dreamweaver, but it's a little pricey...

-Rich

How many forms do you need? I'm pretty slow these days...

Also, have you considered NVU? I haven't used it in a while, but I'm almost certain it makes Web forms.

I personally use Dreamweaver, but it's a little pricey...

-Rich

There's really a very few forms, only one is the problem. I inherited this college-project-system-turned-production. And you can guess what the code looks like. I really want to re-write the whole thing but the client says they won't pay for it. Meanwhile, I'm spending more time trying to make it work than if I just rewrote it.

Fortunately, I am making incremental improvements when I can.

Educational pricing on Dreamweaver isn't bad, but I don't need all the bells and whistles. As for NVU - I'll be forced to load it on the XP system, since the Mac is still running 10.4.

One of these days I'll get the new mac. Someday.

thanks for the pointer to NVU.

Back