Need opinions on a puppy name

ausrere

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Lisa
Ok folks,

I put down a deposit on a new puppy. A Belgian Malinois. He's only a little over a week old, and I won't get him until mid-to-late November. The breeder wants me to pick out a name to go with the litter naming scheme she has. This is her 7th litter, so it's the "G" litter and the registered names should start with a G after the kennel name. The kennel is Alouette, so the name should be "Alouette's...G" someting. Then I have to come up with a call name.

His sire's name is Alouette's Celtic Legend (from her C litter). I want try to find something aviation related, but trying to come up with a "G" aviation name besides "Grounded" or "Go around" has been tough. Here's one I came up with, and I wanted to get some opinions...is it silly??

Name: Alouette's Go Fly with Me
Call name: Aero

??? any other suggestions? :dunno:

ausrere said:
Ok folks,

I put down a deposit on a new puppy. A Belgian Malinois. He's only a little over a week old, and I won't get him until mid-to-late November. The breeder wants me to pick out a name to go with the litter naming scheme she has. This is her 7th litter, so it's the "G" litter and the registered names should start with a G after the kennel name. The kennel is Alouette, so the name should be "Alouette's...G" someting. Then I have to come up with a call name.

His sire's name is Alouette's Celtic Legend (from her C litter). I want try to find something aviation related, but trying to come up with a "G" aviation name besides "Grounded" or "Go around" has been tough. Here's one I came up with, and I wanted to get some opinions...is it silly??

Name: Alouette's Go Fly with Me
Call name: Aero

??? any other suggestions? :dunno:

Geronimo is the name of a popular conversion for the Piper Apache.

Gemini for the space program of that name.

GulfStream if you're into big bizjets.

Alouette's Gear Up?

OK, I tried.... :dunno:

Well Lisa since your Avatar is a Cub , How about GROUNDLOOP. Well I tryed but i think it's appropriate
Dave G.

Well....G names are tough.

What about General Aviation :D

Or Golden Eagle

I'm trying here....
I liked Mari's suggestion of Grumman (my dog's name is Piper).

Maybe just name the dog "Golf"

All good suggestions..but not quite that "Ah Ha!" name yet. I've been driving friends and family crazy with this all weekend. Thankfully I have a few weeks to come up with something.

The Registered name is the only one that has to start with G. Thankfully.

My female Mals name is Bellwood's Simply Audacious, or "Audi" for short.

It doesn't HAVE to be aviation related, but I'd like it if it were. I've also thought about Alouette's Good to Go.. and call him "Ready" for short. Got several others (non-aviation related), but none have really grabbed me as the perfect name yet.

I thought Grumman was a good suggestion.

whoops! Yeah, I meant Beth ....err....

Why did I think Mari said that?

Now that I see Chuck's post - there's an aviation related name - "Greebo"

I like a couple that have been mentioned already: Gaston, Gravity, Groundloop (you know it'll wind up being called Loopy!), and Grumman. GPS isn't bad either, and will be shortened to Geepers. How about Gyro as Bob suggested?

woodstock said:
Mari? you mean Beth?
Yeah, I was the one with the nutty "Gear Up" idea. But what do you expect when a cat tries to name a dog. :rolleyes:

ausrere said:
My female Mals name is Bellwood's Simply Audacious, or "Audi" for short.
My Samoyed is El-Al's Rainbows End. We call her Rainey. Whenever kids meet Samoyeds they always think they should be named Snowball or something. So now we respond, "Well she was 'Snowy' until she moved to Florida. Then she melted."

My mother in law (being El-Al) currently has two champions named Cessna and Piper. Don't know what their registered names are. And a former Sammy I had was El-Al's Baron von R.

Last edited:
Alouette's Gentle Landing

Alouette's Go and Touch

Alouette's Ground Speed

If it was a GSD instead of a Belgian, Alouette's Grumman Shepherd woulda been great! :)

After growing up in a house with Sheltie's bearing names like "Golden Muffin's Ben Nevis" ("Ben"), I prefer to name dogs with dogs' names. We had Dixie Belle ("Dixie") for years.

To my way of thinking, though, I cannot imagine naming a dog without first getting to know him or her. Just me. Only exception was Valentine the Wonder Rat Dog, who came from the Humane Society with the name, Valentine, and it seemed to fit her.

If you must name the dog in convention with eth AKC stuff (ack!), do it, but that in no way means you must burden the noble beast with actually being called by the name.

How about Garros?

Alouette's Garros to be proper. Garros is named after Roland Garros an early French Ace in WW1. It was he who first begin firing machine guns through the propellors of his plane using deflecting plates on the rear of his blades.

A nice honor, avaition related, and a covnersation starter.

How about G-Force, or with a little liberty, 9 G Turn?
Also Great Circle or godspeed?

Joe

Back