Need Help with NYC Hotel Recommendations (N/A)

JasonCT

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
JasonCT
So next month I will be in NYC for a few days.

I need some ideas about where to stay. Since I know we have an active traveling bunch here I thought I would solicit your ideas.

Don't be shy, will pay the extra $ if its worth it.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

p.s. Anyone up for meeting/dinner?

The Omni or the W. Oh dear...

I have heard great things about the SoHo Grand. I went down there for drinks and music one night a few years ago... very posh, my kind of joint.

Cheers,

-Andrew

I need some ideas about where to stay.

More info needed! Where in town do you need to be? Is this a business trip? Wife/SO along? What does she/(he?)* need to be near?

Don't be shy, will pay the extra $ if its worth it.
Hotels in NYC are obscenely expensive. Let's make sure you get into the right place.

p.s. Anyone up for meeting/dinner?
Depending on when, of course! It'll be fun to meet you. I'm sure we could rustle up a few more POAers, too!

-Skip

*Take no offense, please. I'm feeling politically correct today. Nobody knows why.

I'll meet up.
Depending on when you visit, I MIGHT be able to offer my sofa or leaky air mattress. However, I'm travelling a lot this month, and I don't think my room-mate, would be too happy if somebody just showed up without me!

I recommend staying south of 23 street and north of Canal.
That's the only part of Manhattan that's worth anything....sorry Skip.:p

Tell me your price range and I might be able to get more specific. Tell me a specific hotel, and I'll check it out for you.

Whenever you visit, definitely let me know when you are visiting, I'd love to have a POA meet-up in the city. (That goes for the rest of you, too!)

Last edited:
Many years ago I took a lady friend for New Years weekend in NYC. We booked into the Doral Tuscany. Actually, one of the camera manufacturer sales reps booked it/covered the bill. I don't know if it's still there or not; but it was of European style of service -- which was terrific. Here's a start:
http://www.readio.com/hotels/search-hotels.html

HR

EDIT for additional help: If you find that NYC is booked solid you might want to bring your sweetie North and stay at the
#1 Luxurious Bert's Hotel.
#2 Bert will be your personal beer steward.
#3 And will serve up fresh and succulent smelt.
#4 There could be a unique experience at Hooters;
#5 Or one of many other fine establishments.
#6 Move uptown and experience a dynamic overlooking
view of the Brooklyn -- ah, Bowdoinham -- Bridge.
All are but a half mile from the Merrymeeting Airport 08B(#7).

Exquisite photography © by Lawreston / Distinctive Views, who wishes you but the finest during your vacation.

Attachments

• River Bend #1.jpg
    River Bend #1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 6
  • River Bend #2.jpg
    River Bend #2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 4
  • River Bend #3.jpg
    River Bend #3.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 6
  • River Bend #4.jpg
    River Bend #4.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 6
  • River Bend #5.jpg
    River Bend #5.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Jim's #1.jpg
    Jim's #1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 4
  • N66148#19 08B #32 LeftCenter.jpg
    N66148#19 08B #32 LeftCenter.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Distinctive Views.jpg
    Distinctive Views.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
EDIT for additional help: If you find that NYC is booked solid you might want to bring your sweetie North and stay at the
#1 Luxurious Bert's Hotel.
#2 Bert will be your personal beer steward.
#3 And will serve up fresh and succulent smelt.
#4 There could be a unique experience at Hooters;
#5 Or one of many other fine establishments.
#6 Move uptown and experience a dynamic overlooking
view of the Brooklyn -- ah, Bowdoinham -- Bridge.
Harley, are you going to make it to Spring this year? Sounds like you need a quick trip to warmer climes... :yes: :rolleyes:

-Skip

Harley, are you going to make it to Spring this year? Sounds like you need a quick trip to warmer climes... :yes: :rolleyes:

-Skip

Oh, yeah; Spring will come. We're up to 33° here today. I had put together a <somewhat> comic piece using some of the ice shanty shots and e-mailed same to many. One response came from Her Majesty(former wife) who noted, "THERE.............NOW YOU CAN SAY YOU'VE BEEN TO HOOTERS....THERE'S LOTS OF THEM AROUND HERE!!......RESTAURANTS...NOT "HOOTERS!"

THIS ONE(she sent photos) IS AT THE HARD ROCK WHERE ANNA NICHOLE SMITH PASSED AWAY IN HOLLYWOOD....WE(she's referring to a couple we know from up here who were visiting her) WERE THERE THE DAY SHE ARRIVED."

I suppose I could take a jaunt down there, and meet Henning when he gets back in Fort Lau.

HR

Last edited:

I need some ideas about where to stay. Since I know we have an active traveling bunch here I thought I would solicit your ideas.

The Chandler. The shower alone is worth it.

OK guys thanks! --- Well it looks like it will be sometime in the March 20's
I have to firm this up though.

And, I love the idea of a PoA non-fly-in meet.

I will let you know ASAP!

Sounds fun though.

I usually stay at the Hilton on 6th Avenue. It's usually for a business trip though. We also stayed once at the Michelangelo on 7th Ave, not too far away. Both good locations for the theater district and both nice hotels (if a bit corporate, although the Mich is less so.)

if you use the am ex platinum card, they will upgrade you to a suite ($1100/nite)at the trump towers...you wind up overlooking central park for about $400/nite...it includes lunch and spa treatments..the service, the cell phone direct to you and personalized bus cards/stationery..fantastic location to everything and the view is spectacular...they have a limo that will take you anywhere in manhatten..early check in, noon...late check out...4pm...just a fantastic option...call amex platinum and they will handle it all...lincoln center is around the corner.....sound like an advertisement dont i?? sorry....most of the nicer hotels are in the 250-500

If you want a little jazz entertainment, the Algonquin can't be beat. The Marriott Marquis is right in the heart of Times Square. They've supposedly gotten the elevators fixed... A corner room, high up, on the south side can't be beat.

Back