Need Broker / Agent to Help Me Buy Plane

VWGhiaBob

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
VWGhiaBob
I am FINALLY ready to take the plunge, most likely purchasing a 172 or 182 in stellar condition and adding a BRS parachute. Question...any referrals to a good broker who can help me find one, negotiate the deal, do the pre-buy?

I'm in So. Cal., but would consider other states, since most likely I'll find a plane outside my home area.

Much appreciated!

Yep I do! His name is Bill Heckathorn. James or Stacey are fantastic too. Based in Lincoln, NE. Bill is my previous boss and specializes in selling the newer models cessnas. I think him and his team know more than anyone else I know about those aircraft. They're constantly scrolling through places like controller as well as having some for sale themselves. It's a small enough company where you don't turn in to a number. I was a flight instructor there for four years. Fantastic guys and no BS.

(402) 475-6000
http://www.flyperformance.com

Hi Bob,

Give me a call Monday. Let's chat.

Contact the all knowing Ben. He is an expert in all things aviation.

Contact the all knowing Ben.

Funny. But I was actually hoping this post was from Ben. If anyone screams for a buyers broker it would be Ben.

Glad to see one buyer who is focused on acquisition. I bought my first plane with a buyers broker and I recommend it to every new potential owner.

P.S. to the OP, I'd try and stay within a few states if possible... both the 182 and the 172 are commodity airplanes. But if you want to go as far as Michigan, I could give you my buyer brokers name. Oh, and pick the 182 over the 172 ;-)

Last edited:
So how do I reach the "all knowing" Ben?

Funny. But I was actually hoping this post was from Ben. If anyone screams for a buyers broker it would be Ben. ...

According to a post on Red, he's busy with a pre-buy on an unidentified make/model ... :rolleyes:

Contact the all knowing Ben. He is an expert in all things aviation.

So why do we have to get nasty here? It drags everyone down. You're entitled to your own opinion, but why drag the guy through the mud again? It's rather juvenile and serves no purpose.

So why do we have to get nasty here? It drags everyone down. You're entitled to your own opinion, but why drag the guy through the mud again? It's rather juvenile and serves no purpose.

How goes the DPE bashing?

How goes the DPE bashing?

Not bashing DPEs, just stating factual situation. I have spoken to several folks before and after posting last Wednesday what happened. Flubbing the hold was my fault, the DPE was correct in giving me the slip. I have always stated that. The DPE was not proper in meddling with the ride I had set up especially since their designation had lapsed and was unable to give a re-ride. Several people including some on this board have stated that to me. You however seem to be a tad bit sensitive after I called you out on the carpet for dragging a fellow pilot through the mud. That's the way it seems to me. So sticks and stones.....since I have to speak to a juvenile.

Last edited:
I am FINALLY ready to take the plunge, most likely purchasing a 172 or 182 in stellar condition and adding a BRS parachute. Question...any referrals to a good broker who can help me find one, negotiate the deal, do the pre-buy?

I'm in So. Cal., but would consider other states, since most likely I'll find a plane outside my home area.

Much appreciated!

I have heard some good things about Steve Freeman (USA Airplanes) in the Chicago area. I did speak with him a couple of times when I was looking. Neal Schwartz and Randy Africano appeared to be decent guys, although I think Randy doesn't broker anymore. Their numbers can be found on Beech Talk.

Back