Need a New iPad Mini 5 Mount

Leo Langston

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
llangston1
Is there a iPad mini 5 holder that magnetically attaches to a suction cup mount? I currently have a RAM roller mount on a RAM suction cup mounted to the center of my Navion’s windscreen. I want something that I can just grab the iPad and pull it down in front of me to change a setting or bring up an approach plate and then slap it back on the suction cup mount when I don’t need it anymore. It’s too hard to do that with the roller mount since it takes two hands. The roller holder has a RAM ball screwed to the back. Is there a magnetic plate that can replace that ball or do I need a completely new holder/mounting system?

Thanks
Leo
N4937K

This is what I have for a mini.
Just grab the iPad, pull down, (or up, depending on how you want it) and it will come right out.
You might get it cheaper, or with free shipping elsewhere.

1711905726751.png

ETA: It is doable with magnets IMO, but you'll likely end up spending close to the same amount.

Using something like below, you could put a metal plate on one side, and one of these on the other.
It also would be doable with just fashioning your own, if so inclined.
Something to consider; If you upgrade the iPad, the roller may or may not fit. (I don't know). But pretty much any 8" tablet works with the Tab-Tite....and would let you have the roller to either sell, or keep for another use possibly.

Last edited:
Back