Need a destination and lunch company tomorrow

redcloud

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
scott keyes
The weather is excellent in the midwest this weekend. Anyone know of a midwest fly-in on Sunday; or is anyone interested in lunch. I am willing to go 2-3 hours (<600 NM from Toledo).

I'll be at UBS for lunch tomorrow...only 533nm from TOL... :)

Heck, where were ya today??? Ya missed some great stuff at Jack Daniels!

Bummer... If I had the RV, I would offer to meet you somewhere half-way. But the prop is in a shop in Florida right now, so my thrust to drag ratio is a little skewed right now. :(

Well, shoot. I should've checked in last night. All my best laid plans on destinations this weekend went down the crapper. So I just went diddy-bopping. I could have easily met you somewhere half way or so. :(

Kaye:

That would have been great. As it turned out I just went "diddy-bopping" too. It was just as well; as I ran into problems with my prop govenor or the electronic guage/tachometer ( working on finding out which) in the Columbia.

Can I keep you in mind for future reference (but with more advance notice)?

Kaye:

That would have been great. As it turned out I just went "diddy-bopping" too. It was just as well; as I ran into problems with my prop govenor or the electronic guage/tachometer ( working on finding out which) in the Columbia.

Can I keep you in mind for future reference (but with more advance notice)?

You bet on a future meet!

I'm also interested in what you "saw" when you ran into problems, and what the fix turned out to be.

Kaye

If 50nm is considered a cross country for rating purposes how many nautical miles is required for a "diddy-bop"?

If 50nm is considered a cross country for rating purposes how many nautical miles is required for a "diddy-bop"?

It's not miles, it's time and enjoyment of endless meandering. :yes: I spent around 3.5 hrs meandering on Sunday (excluding a stop for lunch).

Wish I had the money right now for even a few trips around the pattern, much less an XC or diddy-bop.. :(

Kaye:

I believe the sensor was malfunctioning after discusions with 3
IAs. The plane is going in for annual next Monday anyway, It was a little disconcerting to watch my tach bouncing around, despite no obvious noticible changes in manifold pressure, oil pressure. You wouldn't be embarressed to lunch with a 182 driver for awhile, would you?

Kaye:

You wouldn't be embarressed to lunch with a 182 driver for awhile, would you?

Of course not! :D In fact, I was thinking about getting checked out in the new 182 at the school for a backup.

But I was looking forward to maybe seeing the inside of your Columbia.....guess that means lunch more than once!

That's a distinct possibility, Kaye! Are you attending Tony's thing; it's probably no further than Gaston's.

Tony's weekend is on the maybe list. It's not my weekend for the Trinnie. One of the partners is dropping out effective Nov 8, and he owns that weekend. Nothing's scheduled yet, but I'm guessing he'll want to fly. So I'm just standing by....for the moment.

The weather is excellent in the midwest this weekend. Anyone know of a midwest fly-in on Sunday; or is anyone interested in lunch. I am willing to go 2-3 hours (<600 NM from Toledo).

Sorry I missed this post (just joined). We went to Mcarther, Clinton County near Athens, OH for their little flyin and BBQ chicken shindig on Sunday.

Counted nearly 100 planes lining the runway and they put on a free airshow.

Fly in day today 8I3, I42, KHTW, KCDI, I40 to top off, back home 1G1

Last edited:

scott..was planning on a $100 hamburger/omelette on saturday, but could make it sunday instead. flying out of cincinnati so there are a few good destinations between here and toledo.

edit - oops..just saw the date of your posting and it looks like you went last week. i am open for an impromptu outing this weekend if anyone else is.

Last edited:
Jbehler:

There is a cool P-51/military airshow at Rickenbocker near Columbus, this weekend. I think Rickenbocker is closed to GA, with most people heading to Bolton.

I have plans to just ride down with a small group, as the drive is fairly short. Thanx for the offer.

Scott

Back