NE Flyers-March 16th - KBDL Bradley Airport

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
NORTH EAST FLYERS SUNDAY MARCH 16th KBDL Bradley Airport - Open Cockpit Days

New England Air Museum Announces Dates for Wintertime Open Cockpit DaysSunday, March 16

Visitors will be permitted to climb into the cockpits of up to 12 vintage aircraft, a full-motion flight simulator and two static flight simulators.

The aircraft to be open include the famous Vought Corsair of WWII, the North American F-100 Super Sabre, a DC-3 airliner, several helicopters and more. There will be additional special exhibits and demonstrations and different hands-on activities for children will be offered each month. For the convenience of all, a food vendor will be on site at each event serving sandwiches, snacks and hot & cold beverages.

The event will be held inside the Museum’s three large, heated display hangars.

The Open Cockpit program runs from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM with the Museum and Gift Shop staying open until 5:00 PM. Sneakers or rubber-soled shoes are recommended. The New England Air Museum is located in Windsor Locks, Conn. adjacent to Bradley International Airport. Please call for inclement weather (860) 623-3305.

Last edited:
Hmmm, this I might have to attend.

PS: Gary, I haven't been able to get your blog to open recently...is it just my browser?

If I don't have a Jazz Fest that night I may go. Will give an update as the date gets closer.

Don't think I can make it. I've been pretty sick with the flu for the past few days and know I will have a ton of work to catch up on this weekend. Next time for sure.

Best,
Jason

Sunday
Cloudy. A chance of snow showers in the morning...then a chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

KBDL 152320Z 160024 03004KT P6SM BKN027 OVC035
FM0800 01006KT 4SM -SN BR OVC007
FM1100 01008KT 4SM -SN BR OVC015
FM2000 35013KT P6SM OVC020=

Back