Navajo down out of Bahamas

http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2021/04/piper-pa-31-350-navajo-chieftain-n827rd.html?m=0

Was perusing kathryns report page snd say this one. Stood out that the pilot was young, recently licensed and according to FAA airmen database not twin rated. How does this happen. That’s a lot of airplane for someone who got their license 6 months ago.

Is it possible that the elder Wade was the PIC? I didn't see which of them was in the left seat.

I can't imagine what Mr. Wade is going through right now. As a parent I don't want to think about things like this.

Is it possible that the elder Wade was the PIC? I didn't see which of them was in the left seat.

I can't imagine what Mr. Wade is going through right now. As a parent I don't want to think about things like this.
I looked him up too- no certificate on file in airmen database. Something is missing. Just seems weird

The comments on Kathryn’s Report mention that the other occupant went by his middle name, and under his full name the registry shows that he held a commercial pilot license with ratings for ASEL, AMEL, Instrument Airplane, and G-IV.

The comments on Kathryn’s Report mention that the other occupant went by his middle name, and under his full name the registry shows that he held a commercial pilot license with ratings for ASEL, AMEL, Instrument Airplane, and G-IV.

You’re right. I looked that up. A first name Christopher in the Airman search identifies a multi-engine commercial pilot with instrument rating.

And that of course is a suitable certification for a dark nighttime departure in a Navajo.

The news reports really failed, by mentioning exclusively the other pilot and his experience.

Back