NASA flight audio..

CJones

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
uHaveNoIdea
While studying more for upcoming IR checkride, I put the NASA channel on TV to keep noise and pictures in the background. A few interesting conversations:

During short briefing of current weather status re landing sites for tomorrow, it was mentioned that wind was direct crosswind 15G22 at one of landing sites. Pilot/commander on shuttle replied with what was essentially "what is max crosswind for mission?" Houston replied "15 waiverable to 17". Interesting that the pilot didn't know what max crosswind for his aircraft is. *sigh* Poor low time pilots. ;)

I just listened to the Russians "discussing" their Nikon digital camera. Russian control asked how many memory cards the Russian cosmonaut on the shuttle has left. Cosmonaut replies "two, but I am going to try to fill them" That leads to a 10 minute seemingly heated discussion about "Where did you get the two extra memory cards!?"

Interesting to hear this stuff live and unedited (although the audio from the Russian conversation just cut out completely, so maybe they ARE editing). It's funny to realize that, despite being HIGHLY trained and professional, it's still 'people' performing the duties.

-Chris

Interesting to hear this stuff live and unedited (although the audio from the Russian conversation just cut out completely, so maybe they ARE editing). It's funny to realize that, despite being HIGHLY trained and professional, it's still 'people' performing the duties.

One of those people is my sister, pictured here in mission control last week. Also attached is a rather humorous special mission that she passed along...

Attachments

• karinamcc.jpg
    karinamcc.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • Mission 12_24.wav
    2.5 MB · Views: 17
i forgot about that kent, very cool job she has!

and funny clip

Back