Narco 12D parts request

Omalley1537

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Sean
Hello all,
New to the site here, so an introduction first. I picked up my private last year and just bought my first plane, a 1966 C182J. Hoping to go after my IFR in the next year or so after I get some flying under my belt.

My 182 came with a pair of Narco 12D's. They are the version with the phillips screw handle release and the center bottom socket head/rotating latch. While my goal is to eventually replace one or both with something newer/better/etc, I need to make these work for now and they actually seem to function well. My problem is that somewhere along the way, the bottom unit lost its socket head screw and any other parts that make up the latch. I found it when the unit slid back about 3/8" on takeoff recently (I guess it fit tight enough to make it through several flights without doing so). I have checked around and even sent an email to a used avionics shop but have not had any luck in finding one. Does anyone know where I could go, or does anyone have one that they would sell?

Thanks,
Sean

Thanks for the great info! I contacted Mikes and he got me on the right track with a couple solutions.

Sean

Back