Name top 30 airports

jnmeade

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Jim Meade
Here are the top 30 airports per Fltplan.com.

How many can you name without looking them up?

Top 30 Airports in 2009

1. TEB
2. PDK
3. DAL
4. HOU
5. HPN
6. IAD
7. MDW
8. LAS
9. PBI
10. APA
11. BHM
12. FXE
13. SAT
14. SDL
15. VNY
16. AUS
17. BNA
18. SNA
19. ADS
20. RDU
21. PTK
22. LIT
23. PWK
24. FLL
25. SUS
26. BED
27. SLC
28. APF
29. MKC
30. BFI

Here are the top 30 airports per Fltplan.com.

I can. I think I've been to all of them too, except for PTK which is Pontiac, MI.

Well, if you been to em all, that's not very fair.
FXE is the only one escaping me right now.

Think of one of the states you said you were going to visit on your next trip.

I know it's in Florida, and nearish to FLL, but I can't name it.

Edit: looked it up, no wonder I knew it was near to FLL. LOL - also why I didn't expect it to be that one.

Well, we're gonna see. I did this without looking at any other posts in the thread first... And I'll put a * next to the few I've actually landed at:

1. TEB - Teterboro, NJ
2. PDK - Peachtree-De Kalb (near Atlanta)
3. DAL - Dallas Love
4. HOU - Houston Hobby
5. HPN - White Plains, NY
6. IAD - Dulles (DC)
*7. MDW - Chicago Midway
8. LAS - Las Vegas McCarran
9. PBI - Palm Beach, FL
*10. APA - Centennial (Denver)
11. BHM - Birmingham, AL
12. FXE - I forget - something in Florida tho
13. SAT - San Antonio, TX
14. SDL - Scottsdale, AZ
*15. VNY - Van Nuys, CA
16. AUS - Austin, TX
17. BNA - Nashville
18. SNA - John Wayne Orange County
*19. ADS - Addison, TX
20. RDU - Raleigh/Durham, NC
21. PTK - Pontiac, MI
22. LIT - Little Rock, AR
23. PWK - Palwaukee. No, I am NOT going to call it "Chicago Executive." :mad2:
24. FLL - Fort Lauderdale
25. SUS - Spirit of St. Louis
26. BED - Bedford, MA
27. SLC - Salt Lake City, UT
28. APF - Naples, FL
29. MKC - Kansas City downtown
30. BFI - Boeing.

Now, off to see how I did. :D

Pretty sure the airlines don't use fltpln.com to file.

Read the first line.

Oh, and way to ruin it for everyone else who might have wanted to guess, Kent.

Last edited:
Got all of 'em. And I've been to most of them either landing self, on corp jet, or by airline.

So far I've landed at 2, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 19, 20, 22 in the left seat. Several others while in the back.

Me doing the flying? Only Teterboro, Dulles and Raleigh.

This gives me something else to shoot for.:smile:

1. TEB
2. PDK
3. DAL
4. HOU
5. HPN
6. IAD
7. MDW
8. LAS
9. PBI
10. APA
11. BHM
12. FXE
13. SAT
14. SDL
15. VNY
16. AUS
17. BNA
18. SNA
19. ADS
20. RDU
21. PTK
22. LIT
23. PWK
24. FLL
25. SUS
26. BED
27. SLC
28. APF
29. MKC
30. BFI

I've landed myself at 3,4,6,7,8,11,13,16,17,19,20,21,and 22. Been in a corporate jet to 1,2,5,7,8,12,13.

Oh, and way to ruin it for everyone else who might have wanted to guess, Kent.

I figured a few others would have already guessed when I posted my guesses - Because I wanted to guess, I was smart enough not to scroll down and read all the rest of the messages. :rolleyes:

BTW, I did not check my work (except to look up FXE after the fact) - Did I get the rest of them right?

I've only landed at PTK. Most of the others are pretty far from here. Maybe someday.

I think that speaks more to the fltplan subscriber base than the actual operational count for BHM. You're right, it's not exactly Teterboro.

Yes.

The one I'm surprised about is BHM. I've only been there once and I never considered it a hotbed of activity.

I've only landed at one of those ( KTEB ) as PIC... but I did most of my training there, so that gives me "extra credit", right? :D

Last edited:
I've only landed at one of those (KTEB) as PIC... but I did most of my training there, so that gives me "extra credit", right? :D
Haha, absolutely! I can't ever recall seeing anyone do training there, for a private anyway.

Haha, absolutely! I can't ever recall seeing anyone do training there, for a private anyway.
LOL! I did my first solo- and many other flights- at N07, but I started (with my first "real" lesson) and finished (with my PP check ride) at KTEB.
This was in the late 90s, when, believe it or not, you'd still see light singles parked in all ramp areas. I started out in an old 150, with a school that was in the old FSDO building on the east side of the field.
But it was already plenty busy there, with tons of jet traffic. The delays- getting out, getting back in- cost me a lot of money. But I learned early about a busy, multi-runway Class D environment, and what it takes for a "little guy" to fit in with the flow at such a place. Developed some good habits early on.
But it could be stressful for everybody sometimes. Sometimes it seemed the controllers were face-palming when they heard us students call for CD or to land ("ugh... just what I needed..."), but when it wasn't very busy, those controllers were very kind and respectful. Friendly, even.
.... As long as you didn't screw up... :D

Last edited:
Back