Display name:
Bill S.
This one should be pretty easy.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Airport_Question.jpg
    Airport_Question.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 109
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Crystal City with a 200mm zoom lense?

And I see two airports KDCA and KBOF

DCA close-in, and the others across the river.

Technically, the second one is the former Anacostia Naval Air Station, with BOF being to the south. BOF still has helipads, though it isn't used any more.

A friend of mine has a condo at the north end of Crystal City, high enough up to get that great view. He had a group over for adult beverages, snacks, and plane spotting yesterday. Saw a couple of Gulfstreams bringing lobbyists/politicians in on Sunday evening.

Last edited:
Technically, the second one is the former Anacostia Naval Air Station, with BOF being to the south. BOF still has helipads, though it isn't used any more.

The former NAS Anacostia was Bolling Field. The Army established an airfield on this site in 1917. Originally called "The Flying Field at Anacostia", it was named Bolling Field in 1918 for Colonel Raynal Bolling. In 1935 Bolling Field was turned over to the Navy and renamed NAS Anacostia, a new Bolling Field was established adjacent to the south.

DCA close-in, and the others across the river.

A friend of mine has a condo at the north end of Crystal City, high enough up to get that great view. He had a group over for adult beverages, snacks, and plane spotting yesterday. Saw a couple of Gulfstreams bringing lobbyists/politicians in on Sunday evening.

That's a nice pad. The wife and I will occasionally hit the Ruth's Chris Steakhouse not because it has the best steaks (they are good), but the view of DCA a little further south from the 11th floor is quite spectacular for a plane geek like myself.

Back