Name that airport...

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
EDITED: This airport is on one of American Airlines' routes from the states to Osaka, Japan [previously, I said 'great circle route from DFW', that is INCORRECT... sorry! There was a stop enroute]. Question is about the first picture; the 2nd one is short final to Osaka's man-made island airport.

Attachments

• 090906 037_edited1.jpg
    090906 037_edited1.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 090706.jpg
    090706.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I have no idea but noitced how many turnoffs and cross taxiways at Osaka. Thats a bit nutty.

AdamZ said:
I have no idea but noitced how many turnoffs and cross taxiways at Osaka. Thats a bit nutty.

They are high-speed exits (as opposed to right-angle exits)... and you have one going each direction at 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and full down the runway. Makes it look interesting, for sure!!

infotango said:
Tokyo, Haneda?

Good guess! There are a lot of similarities with Haneda, but notice that floating bridge in the background, and the distinctive "notches" on the runways bordering the water in the photo... Haneda doesn't have those.

If it's not from DFW, then it's not AAL, it's JAL on a code share flight, I believe.

Steve said:
If it's not from DFW, then it's not AAL, it's JAL on a code share flight, I believe.

It originated from DFW; trust me, I know the AA 777 pilot who sent me the pic! ;-)

Shoot...I figured a fuel stop between DFW and Japan would be somewhere in HI or AK. I was way off.

Your comment implied it was not from DFW...

Troy Whistman said:
[previously, I said 'great circle route from DFW', that is INCORRECT... sorry!

Steve said:
Your comment implied it was not from DFW...

Well, I just screwed this one all up, didn't I?! My "that was not correct" referred to the "great circle route from" part of that statement. Glad this one's over! ;-)

Back