NACO Charts...AGAIN

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
I recently switched over to NACO approach charts. How many of you actually get the the midpoint update to keep your charts up to date??

Last edited:
smigaldi said:
I recently switched over to NACO approach charts. How many of you actually get the the midpoitn update to keep your charts up to date??

I do. On the DVD.

Scott:

I don't. I do look at NOTAMS which show changes before going to an airport, but may not have updates affecting things inbetween my departure airport and the destination. A lot of what I fly is GPS direct, but airports inbetween could have updated info I would not have.

Dave

I don't understand how you can not get them? When you buy a subscription they send them - surely when you buy an individual chart they must include one if it is past the midpoint? It does say right on the cover to consult the CN.
Although I have never seen ONE that affected a procedure I was likely to use.

Let'sgoflying! said:
I don't understand how you can not get them? When you buy a subscription they send them - surely when you buy an individual chart they must include one if it is past the midpoint? It does say right on the cover to consult the CN.
Although I have never seen ONE that affected a procedure I was likely to use.

If you have source that includes the change notice in the subscription please let me know. The NACO charts I subscribe to from Sporty's do not include it. Is that out of the norm?

Does anyone subscribe directly from NACO, or does everyone get them from the agents? I don't subscribe to the plates, only the low-altitude chart and sectionals.

I use the Airchart system. NACO charts with 28 day cycle updates in text form. Always current but you have to check.

A subscription to any approach plate volume from NACO automatically includes the change notice. I doubt this is true with other vendors.

Jon

smigaldi said:
Hmm, I am on my third update cycle and have yet to receive the change notice. Is this extra??

Scott it has be a long time since I order this, I'd have to check with them.

Dave Siciliano said:
Scott:

I don't. I do look at NOTAMS which show changes before going to an airport,

The NOTAM process is reserved for changes/issues that have not been published. Once the change/issue is published (i.e. the mid-cycle update publication) the NOTAM ceases to exist.

Ed Guthrie said:
The NOTAM process is reserved for changes/issues that have not been published. Once the change/issue is published (i.e. the mid-cycle update publication) the NOTAM ceases to exist.

That may be the official plan, but IME chart NOTAMs last well beyond published revisions of the chart involved. Of course you can't count on this always being true, but it does seem to make the mid cycle update less important. YRMV.

I buy direct from NACO, and the mid-cycle change notice is automatic. Note that your navbag is not complete without it during the last half of the cycle.

Back