NA - Wireless Networking - NA

Skip Miller

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Skip Miller
Now that I have a boomerang kid, I need to access over the wireless router, the Hard Drive in the desktop that resides in what has become her bedroom.

Server is running Windows 7 and the laptop is running Win XP.

Someone please walk me through the setup... and Thanks!

(My daughter is employed, but she is waiting for a friend to find a job so that they know how much they have to spend on an apartment.)

-Skip

My Computer->Drive C:-> (Documents and settings. My Documents) ....(find a folder you want to share) Right drag->Share

Start -> Run -> mstsc enter ip of the remote machine

Both of those work. The latter will let you remote-control the machine completely.

my post assumed he couldn't get physical access to the machine to accomplish the folder share actions.

yeah, but "in his house" and "in his daughter's room" could still mean "not physically accessible" (having raised one myself ... ) :D

yeah, but "in his house" and "in his daughter's room" could still mean "not physically accessible" (having raised one myself ... ) :D

He said she was a rebound, right? The rules change on that one, right? ;)

Don't like it... Move out! ;) ;) ;)

Heh heh. I'd be a terrible mean parent.

We established a "one time return policy" with hard date limits. So far it's worked ok. :D

Well, I do have access, just not 24/7. I'm still fussing with Win 7 to get to the right folders.

-Skip

We established a "one time return policy" with hard date limits. So far it's worked ok. :D
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Everytime my youngest moves back in, she brings a cat. Every time she moves back out, my wife talks her out of the cat.

We currently have three cats.

He said she was a rebound, right? The rules change on that one, right? ;)

Don't like it... Move out! ;) ;) ;)

Heh heh. I'd be a terrible mean parent.
Nah... You'd do just fine. Kids, like pets, need limits. My house, my rules. Don't like it, find your own place. Seems reasonable to me.

Back