{NA} Volvo Steel Brake Lines ?

Eamon

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Eamon
It has been a long time since I worked on a Volvo. I was wondering if any knew offhand if a 1983 Volvo 240 has regular steel brake lines, Metric steel, or those weird European double flaired, or the weird rubber gasket ones.

Any Volvo owners?

I am getting one off E-Bay & it is far away so I need to bring the parts with me if possible.

Eamon said:
It has been a long time since I worked on a Volvo. I was wondering if any knew offhand if a 1983 Volvo 240 has regular steel brake lines, Metric steel, or those weird European double flaired, or the weird rubber gasket ones.

Any Volvo owners?

I am getting one off E-Bay & it is far away so I need to bring the parts with me if possible.

Where would this car happen to be? I'm wondering if it's the 1983 240 I left in FL with a (slightly, needs brake fluid every 2 weeks) leaky brake line at the distribution block.

If it's the ones I'm thinking of, they use a double-inlet caliper with 10mm x 1 bubble flare fittings hooked to a 6 port junction that serves as a porint of redundancy - but I haven't touched a volvo in 15 years ;)

Henning said:
Where would this car happen to be? I'm wondering if it's the 1983 240 I left in FL with a (slightly, needs brake fluid every 2 weeks) leaky brake line at the distribution block.

LOL wouldn't that be funny :)

This one is a blue/blue 4 door sedan clean in & out. The guy said he just bought it & tried to fix it but he couldn't. He is describing it as a leak by the left caliper in a "Brass" line. It sound to me like he hasn't a clue & bit off more than he can chew. He prolly was doing it with a pair of vise grips LOL. He says the threads on one of the lines is stripped and won't hold fluid.

I remember from when I had the shop that I worked on some weird tubing flairs, But I can't remember which cars had which.

I guess you never took it apart to see which flair it had?

SJP said:
If it's the ones I'm thinking of, they use a double-inlet caliper with 10mm x 1 bubble flare fittings hooked to a 6 port junction that serves as a porint of redundancy - but I haven't touched a volvo in 15 years ;)

Thanks Steve, That is what I was remembering it to be.

I got it for $122 so I have More money for the plane LOL

Eamon said:
LOL wouldn't that be funny :)

This one is a blue/blue 4 door sedan clean in & out. The guy said he just bought it & tried to fix it but he couldn't. He is describing it as a leak by the left caliper in a "Brass" line. It sound to me like he hasn't a clue & bit off more than he can chew. He prolly was doing it with a pair of vise grips LOL. He says the threads on one of the lines is stripped and won't hold fluid.

I remember from when I had the shop that I worked on some weird tubing flairs, But I can't remember which cars had which.

I guess you never took it apart to see which flair it had?

Well, mine was tan. Nah, never took it apart, I wasn't gonna open that can of worms for a couple bucks a year in brake fluid. In order for it to pass US Federalization though, it's gonna be some kind of double flare and I'm sure it'll be metric, even the US cars were metric by then.

Back