[NA]Stalking a hacker[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I remember getting that book when it came out and reading it in one night. Stayed up until about 6AM!

Cliff's a bit sensational but it's a good read. If you'll note the sites that he mentions specifically that the hacker didn't get into one of them was the one I was running (having most of our staff come from a university computer center with a lot of hacking activity we were really active on such things. I also spent time on the Army's tiger team).

Later hackers struck a little closer to home. I knew Mark Lottor professionally and attended some of his trial. Pouslon actually sent his lawyer out to do some "education" prior to starting the case. Amusingly two of the tasks were attending my computer security course and watching "The President's Analyst."

One of the counts involved "possession of an access device." This turned out to be an old clunky credit card terminal which were pretty common in the electronics junk stores of the day. I pointed out that such were often an object of curiousity among even honest geeks like myself. I offered to ship out my ATM machine I bought for $20 from a Savings and Loan liquidation auction if it would help the case.

Back