NA: Spammer gets Jail time

Areeda

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Areeda
Best news I've read in a while

A divided Virginia Supreme Court affirmd the nation's first felony conviction for illegal spamming....

Jeremy Jayes of Raleigh NC considered among the world's top spammers was conviced of massive distribution of junk e-mail and sentenced to nine years in prison....

Awesome.. Is there some sort of class-action suit going on? If so, I want in on that action!

Best news I've read in a while
Here's a 2004 PC Magazine story on the original case. Something not mentioned was he had started another spam operation offshore while he was on bond. His bail was revoked. I'm sure that affected the judge's decision on the sentence.

Another interesting little aspect of the case... his lawyer was charged with money laundering. They were quite a legal team! :)

Here's a 2004 PC Magazine story on the original case. Something not mentioned was he had started another spam operation offshore while he was on bond. His bail was revoked. I'm sure that affected the judge's decision on the sentence.

Another interesting little aspect of the case... his lawyer was charged with money laundering. They were quite a legal team! :)

Understandable. He need more cash to pay his legal fees.

Sorta like Rezko telling the judge he was too broke to afford to flee and then receiving a $3M wire transfer from the middle east to pay his lawyers.

Back