(NA) Raleigh area

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
Sup y'all. What's a good area to stay in a hotel if I'm planning on going to PNC Arena for a night? I see there are a few hotels pretty close to the arena, but are there bars we can walk to in that area? Just looking for a hotel close to some action where I don't have to worry about drinking and driving. Thanks!

Sup y'all. What's a good area to stay in a hotel if I'm planning on going to PNC Arena for a night? I see there are a few hotels pretty close to the arena, but are there bars we can walk to in that area? Just looking for a hotel close to some action where I don't have to worry about drinking and driving. Thanks!

When I flew down to RDU to see Tom Petty at PNC Arena, I stayed at the Hyatt Place right there at the airport and took a cab to the concert. It was a decent hotel and they do have a bar. It was a pretty short ride (like 10 min). I believe there are some hotels within walking distance of the arena, but if it is a big concert, they tend to fill up/sell out well in advance.

When I flew down to RDU to see Tom Petty at PNC Arena, I stayed at the Hyatt Place right there at the airport and took a cab to the concert. It was a decent hotel and they do have a bar. It was a pretty short ride (like 10 min). I believe there are some hotels within walking distance of the arena, but if it is a big concert, they tend to fill up/sell out well in advance.

cool thanks. yeah this is the hurricanes v rangers game tonight, and wtf do southerners know about hockey lol. last game I went to there the place was mostly empty.

cool thanks. yeah this is the hurricanes v rangers game tonight, and wtf do southerners know about hockey lol. last game I went to there the place was mostly empty.

The Hyatt has an airport shuttle and will pick you up at the FBO. I used Landmark last time, but if I go again I will probably use TAC Air. Landmark is just slooooow.

The Hyatt has an airport shuttle and will pick you up at the FBO. I used Landmark last time, but if I go again I will probably use TAC Air. Landmark is just slooooow.

unfortunately I'm driving. I'm just not liking the wx I'm seeing. kinda sux, but plan on flying out for the next ranger game in march.

unfortunately I'm driving. I'm just not liking the wx I'm seeing. kinda sux, but plan on flying out for the next ranger game in march.

In that case you might look up the hotels within walking distance of the arena. For a hockey game, they should have some availability. I just haven't stayed at any of them to say what is good.

I'd suggest staying in a downtown Raleigh hotel like the Holiday Inn Downtown or any of the 3 or 4 downtown hotels - Sheraton, Marriott, Days Inn, etc. Since I live in the Triangle, I don't normally stay here so can't be specific. They are as close to the arena as you can be though it requires a short drive/ride.

If you want to eat and drink and hang out a bit, the downtown strip on 70 is the good place to be. All of those downtown hotels are walking distance to everything. Very much like downtown CLT.

Yes, you want to avoid drinking and driving, especially in the Raleigh area. Checkpoints are frequently in place.

....If you want to eat and drink and hang out a bit, the downtown strip on 70 is the good place to be. All of those downtown hotels are walking distance to everything. Very much like downtown CLT....

thanks, I'll look into this.

....Yes, you want to avoid drinking and driving....

which is weird, because I'm really good at both of these, but people say you shouldn't combine the two. oh well! :goofy:

I flew into RDU. Really a non-event. Grabbed a crew car in the late afternoon to shoot down to NCSU where the NCWRC officers are to get my boat title transferred. The only issue is it took me three passes around the circle in front of the terminals until I figured out how to get back to the FBO from the land side. First time I never saw the entrance. Second time I saw it but after I went past.

Back