[NA]Need old-motorcycle Google-fu assistance[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
For the life of me I cannot find this out, tried googling, posted on two type forums, called a shop, asked local motorcycleheads.

I have access to a 1979 Suzuki GS750 (four) with low compression.
Thinking of buying (actually almost a gift) and rebuilding the engine.
Can overhaul parts be had; especially top end parts? Can the barrels be taken oversize?
This is for fun. I plan to lose money on it. Question is, how much.

Yes to everything best I can tell. Suzuki has great parts support world wide, and there is also a significant aftermarket for parts.

For the life of me I cannot find this out, tried googling, posted on two type forums, called a shop, asked local motorcycleheads.

I have access to a 1979 Suzuki GS750 (four) with low compression.
Thinking of buying (actually almost a gift) and rebuilding the engine.
Can overhaul parts be had; especially top end parts? Can the barrels be taken oversize?
This is for fun. I plan to lose money on it. Question is, how much.

Try these guys. I had a '80 GS11--E for 18 years, and might get it back (for free) if I want it.
http://www.suzukipart.com/oemparts/c/suzuki_motorcycle/parts

Yes to everything best I can tell. Suzuki has great parts support world wide, and there is also a significant aftermarket for parts.

That's what I'm running up against; several people have said valves rings bearings pistons are available, but between us we have not come up with even one.

There's bike junkyards all over the place, and Susi made plenty of GS750s. Big-time yes. Buy it and do some work on the phone.

Of course, a working bike like this could be had for nearly nothing, but obviously you want the project. You should chop it, make yourself a custom bobber or something.

Back