[NA]LogbookPro virus?[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I keep getting a popup that says 'NC software wants to connect to the internet, verify their certificate' etc.

Never seen before, don't use LBP or NC software, have no such thing under Add/Remove programs. Have never knowingly clicked on LBP ads.

A search of NC software says LBP is involved.

evaluation?
Suggested actions?

Could be something as innocuous as a check for update, but I don't know. I suggest you contact them and ask.

Joe

Think I should comply with his suggestion?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,
Thank you for the screen shot. That definitely looks like us, www.nc-software.com and I'm not sure why you're seeing that message other than maybe your computer doesn't have all the optional and critical windows updates installed which one of those updates may be related to certificates windows needs to update.
I would go ahead and select the option to accept the certificate permanently.
--------------------------

Sincerely,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post a screen shot...

I bet it's just a broken certificate. Are you doing anything that requires a secure connection such as paying for stuff?

Ya but Pete - I have nothing to do with Logbook Pro, never have.
All my logs are paper! I have never interacted with the site or the company for any reason.
I might have accidentally clicked on one of their ads months ago.
The way it pops up periodically makes me wonder if it is some form of malicious internet thingy.

Lol Good point. Are you on some website that has an NC-Software add or viewing an email with an embedded NC-Software add on it when you get this error?

Back