NA Keyless door locks

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Anyone recommend a keypad for a standard metal exterior door.
Especially one that records which code was used and when.
Wifi access to data useful too.

Deadbolt or strike style?

I use the SchlageLink pushbutton locks on my house. They area available as both regular spring latches and deadbolts (though you can't typically mount BOTH on most doors as they are too large to be located in the spacing between the doorknob and the deadbolt hole in most pre-drilled doors).

The things allows for multiple combinations and I believe even allows for time sequencing them. It talks the ZWAVE protocol to whatever controller you have, which they provide one of their own that will record and send you emails or text messages whenever the door is opened (and let you know which code was used). It also allows you to remotely lock and change the combos on the doors.

I think the specs I am looking for are:
-Lockable knob/handle; not a deadbolt.
-Multiple, user configurable codes.
-Can set the door to lock or stay unlocked after you enter - so I can come and go during the day without a lock but it will lock behind staff on weekends (because they are awful about forgetting to lock the door behind them).
-Wifi access a plus.
-Wifi, especially if no monthly fee....having a hard time wrapping my head around a fee to use (any part of) my door.
-can always override the keypad with a key.
-Logs of who enters & when a double bonus.
Any tips on which does all this? Many of these websites are absolutely baffling and I cannot figure out which one will do what I want!

You have a raft of needs here, but if you want to be able to bypass with a key, you need an electric strike operated by a computer/keypad access system.

I was kinda thinking of this one, but do not see where you can set it, at your choosing to:
a) lock behind you
b) catch but not lock

I like the apparent simplicity and the name.
I guess for a 'log' you can scroll through the texts/emails.

I prefer electric strike systems, because the lockset itself is standard, so it works just like what you are used to; you don't want to lock it, don't press the button in the doorknob. The control electronics can get as simple or as complicated as you desire.

Well you have to buy a hub for the other.

I think the specs I am looking for are:
Again, the Schlage I think will do most what you want.
-Lockable knob/handle; not a deadbolt.
Avialable either way.
-Multiple, user configurable codes.
Yes. Don't remember the max number but it's more than six.
-Can set the door to lock or stay unlocked after you enter - so I can come and go during the day without a lock but it will lock behind staff on weekends (because they are awful about forgetting to lock the door behind them).
The door stays locked unless you reach around and set it unlocked on the inside. You can remotely lock the door.
-Wifi access a plus.
-Wifi, especially if no monthly fee....having a hard time wrapping my head around a fee to use (any part of) my door.
-can always override the keypad with a key.
It's ZWAVE and you can get a number of devices to gateway this to wifi or whatever you want. Schlage indeed sells one that boogies with their fee-based service, but you're not locked into it. The locks do obey the standard protocols.
-Logs of who enters & when a double bonus.
Does this.

Back