[NA]Itouch internet access[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Should I be able to access the internet from a hotel which has an 'acceptance of terms' page?

I'm curious as well; can the iTouch accept "cookies" as required by some login/validation access schemes?

Should I be able to access the internet from a hotel which has an 'acceptance of terms' page?

On my iPhone which afaik should have the identical issue in this situation, yes. One issue is when trying to use features that require connectivity without using the browser e.g. email, applications etc. they will not work until you open the Safari browser, allow it to be redirected to the acceptance of terms page and then click through. Then you will be connected and can use the other applications.

I'm curious as well; can the iTouch accept "cookies" as required by some login/validation access schemes?

Yes, I can even use the red board, logging in to both the members only section and then the forum.

I have full functionality on here, for example. Even the floating dialog windows such as the search box work just as in Firefox.

IME the only issue with the iPhone / iPod Touch browser is complete lack of Flash support.

One issue is when trying to use features that require connectivity without using the browser e.g. email, applications etc. they will not work until you open the Safari browser, allow it to be redirected to the acceptance of terms page and then click through. Then you will be connected and can use the other applications.

Note that even using a full-blown computer you'll have the same issue.

Back