[NA]IRS form W-4[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Why does the IRS wait til the last minute to release the next year's form W-4?
All I can find is the draft version, pita for those that like to get new ones circulated.
Anyone know if there will be any changes to the tax tables (FIT, Med, SS) for 2011?

Anyone know if there will be any changes to the tax tables (FIT, Med, SS) for 2011?
The bill to change that all is still being worked on. It is just that simple. When the bill passes and gets signed by the President then we will all know. The tax rates on income look like they will remain unchanged. But the question of SS with holdings is still open. There may be a drop in those for 2011.

But the question of SS with holdings is still open. There may be a drop in those for 2011.
Does anyone know what means?

I've heard about the withholding rates changing but nothing about the tax rates. is it just withholding and those with paycheck owe it on April 15 and no change for self employed or what?

Joe

ok they got it out today.
haven't checked to see if the rates are changed, anyone know?
There is
-Med
-SS
-FIT
to consider.

surely there will be some small business owners who have employees here.
Notable changes;

-SS deductions are reduced (4.2%) while employer (6.2%) stays the same (naturally).
-no more coupon payments accepted; have to do it electronically now.
-FUTA is expected to reduce to 6% from 6.2% by July 1st.
-FIT is all different for 2011.

I know it will be a giant PITA for us with 100% certainty that fines await us when some minutia is not done to some pencil pushing jerkwad's satisfaction.

On the other hand - the 100% bonus depreciation has our owners pleased.

Eggman

Back